Mar 25, 2010, 9:35 PM EDT
It’s already been a long season for David Booth considering the fact that he missed 45 games due to what would now be an illegal hit from Mike Richards. This time, he took what (at least to my eyes) looked like a legal but hard hit from Jaroslav Spacek that laid him out on the ice for quite some time.
Thankfully, Booth appears to be “alert and coherent” according to George Richards of On Frozen Pond. Richards has more on the hit.
On Thursday, Booth was moving the puck along the boards near the Montreal blue line when the veteran Spacek rushed in and hit Booth square in the jaw with his elbow. Booth hit the ice, although he didn’t fall face-first as he did following the Richards hit.
Booth lay motionless on the ice for a few moments but started moving once athletic trainer Dave Zenobi reached him. After a minute or two, Booth rolled over, and sat up. He woozily stood up as Zenobi and a few teammates helped him into the tunnel leading into the Panthers locker room.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner, who also has video of the hit.)
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)