Mar 24, 2010, 12:15 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: T.J. Galiardi: I think Brandon will agree when I say that, when in doubt, we go with big goals for these nightly awards.
NHL playoffs update: The Senators won a game!: Keep up-to-date with our daily playoff race updates.
Bouwmeester falling below expectations in Calgary: Bouwmeester’s story makes me think of Olli Jokinen; sometimes a guy keeps missing the playoffs because he’s not that amazing. He might be good, but the Flames might have paid him too much.
Jimmy Howard takes on Sidney Crosby: Quite the brawl at the end of this game.
Chicago owner says Ovechkin should have season-long suspension: When you make a Bertuzzday award nomination-worthy statement, you know you said something dumb.
Crosby struggling without Malkin: Have to disagree with Brandon here, as Crosby and Malkin rarely lineup together outside of the PP. Then again, I’m looking at it through black and gold glasses so I’ll go back to my man cave.
Caps’ training facility involved in steroids investigation: There’s a part of me that has the urge to instigate a fight with Caps fans, but honestly, I look at steroids stuff as tired and worrisome. Let’s move on.
More on Capitals steroid investigation: Pretty self explanatory.
Are you a goalie? The Oilers need you.: Oh, the bathroom jokes. Oh, the bathroom jokes.
Capitals release statement on steroid investigation: Not written by Mark McGwire.
Seabrook returns to action tonight against Coyotes: Good to see Brent Seabrook is feeling better already.
Has Ovechkin’s reputation suffered after suspension?: Alex Ovechkin’s reputation is in the eye of the beholder.
Tonight’s (biggest) games: Could Phoenix be #1?: Nope, not so much.
After Tucker suspension, should NHL switch to no touch icing?: Totally on the fence with that one.
Alex Ovechkin wins Bertuzzday award #2: A come-from-behind “victory” for Ovechkin.
Quick hits: Should the Ducks move Ryan for D?: My answer? No. Bad idea. Don’t do it Ducks.
Vote for Bertuzzday III: Shame with a Vengeance: I’m a bit disappointed that I didn’t work in a “blue liquid” and “red liquid” joke to extend the Die Hard with a Vengeance comparison.
Shutouts are the story of tonight’s big games: It really is surprising that all three of those games ended up in shutouts.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)