Mar 24, 2010, 12:15 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: T.J. Galiardi: I think Brandon will agree when I say that, when in doubt, we go with big goals for these nightly awards.
NHL playoffs update: The Senators won a game!: Keep up-to-date with our daily playoff race updates.
Bouwmeester falling below expectations in Calgary: Bouwmeester’s story makes me think of Olli Jokinen; sometimes a guy keeps missing the playoffs because he’s not that amazing. He might be good, but the Flames might have paid him too much.
Jimmy Howard takes on Sidney Crosby: Quite the brawl at the end of this game.
Chicago owner says Ovechkin should have season-long suspension: When you make a Bertuzzday award nomination-worthy statement, you know you said something dumb.
Crosby struggling without Malkin: Have to disagree with Brandon here, as Crosby and Malkin rarely lineup together outside of the PP. Then again, I’m looking at it through black and gold glasses so I’ll go back to my man cave.
Caps’ training facility involved in steroids investigation: There’s a part of me that has the urge to instigate a fight with Caps fans, but honestly, I look at steroids stuff as tired and worrisome. Let’s move on.
More on Capitals steroid investigation: Pretty self explanatory.
Are you a goalie? The Oilers need you.: Oh, the bathroom jokes. Oh, the bathroom jokes.
Capitals release statement on steroid investigation: Not written by Mark McGwire.
Seabrook returns to action tonight against Coyotes: Good to see Brent Seabrook is feeling better already.
Has Ovechkin’s reputation suffered after suspension?: Alex Ovechkin’s reputation is in the eye of the beholder.
Tonight’s (biggest) games: Could Phoenix be #1?: Nope, not so much.
After Tucker suspension, should NHL switch to no touch icing?: Totally on the fence with that one.
Alex Ovechkin wins Bertuzzday award #2: A come-from-behind “victory” for Ovechkin.
Quick hits: Should the Ducks move Ryan for D?: My answer? No. Bad idea. Don’t do it Ducks.
Vote for Bertuzzday III: Shame with a Vengeance: I’m a bit disappointed that I didn’t work in a “blue liquid” and “red liquid” joke to extend the Die Hard with a Vengeance comparison.
Shutouts are the story of tonight’s big games: It really is surprising that all three of those games ended up in shutouts.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)