Mar 23, 2010, 12:45 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the
day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting
the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
playoffs update: Sharks drowning in San Jose – The Sharks keep
falling, and falling, and falling…
the Calgary Flames get ToskaLOL’d? – A reporter wonders whether it
was a smart move to start Toskala over Kiprusoff.
Ovechkin: Alex was “always in motion” - Ovi’s mum says that he was
always an active child, recklessly knocking the other children into the
succeeding minus Ilya Kovalchuk - Atlanta actually has a better
record than New Jersey since the trade.
Carter out 3-to-4 weeks with fractured foot – Flyers fans
everywhere spontaneously combust.
Wings play with fire, put playoff tickets on sale – Detroit is
pretty certain they’ll make the playoffs, it seems.
Jose Sharks searching for answers – ….and searching, and
searching, and searching…..
Ovechkin doesn’t plan on changing his ways – Why should he? It’s
not like he’s getting suspended for illegal hits or anything…
to visit injured HS player in hospital - Matt Brown is going
through a tough time; Bergeron will be spending some time with him in
proposes ‘band aid solution’ to head shot rule - You didn’t expect
the players to just accept an off the cuff, arbitrary rule change, did
on the epic Leblond – Janssen fight - How they kept swinging and
swinging is just amazing to me.
Turco era in Dallas coming to an end - The Stars are riding Kari
Lehtonen for the remainder of the season. Seriously,
games: Something for everyone – The big games are tomorrow night.
four cream of the crop for East and West – I predict San Jose and
New Jersey don’t make it out of the first round.
back at Selanne’s 600 goal career – Congratulations, sir.
Vote for the second Bertuzzday winner – How the Oilers aren’t
winning is beyond me.
best and worst in special teams plus/minus – This is some stat geek
nerdiness at it’s best.
the NHL’s best PP and PK units - You mean percentage numbers isn’t
the only way?
seems OK after skate blade scare – Could have been much, much
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39