Mar 23, 2010, 12:45 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the
day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting
the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
playoffs update: Sharks drowning in San Jose – The Sharks keep
falling, and falling, and falling…
the Calgary Flames get ToskaLOL’d? – A reporter wonders whether it
was a smart move to start Toskala over Kiprusoff.
Ovechkin: Alex was “always in motion” - Ovi’s mum says that he was
always an active child, recklessly knocking the other children into the
succeeding minus Ilya Kovalchuk - Atlanta actually has a better
record than New Jersey since the trade.
Carter out 3-to-4 weeks with fractured foot – Flyers fans
everywhere spontaneously combust.
Wings play with fire, put playoff tickets on sale – Detroit is
pretty certain they’ll make the playoffs, it seems.
Jose Sharks searching for answers – ….and searching, and
searching, and searching…..
Ovechkin doesn’t plan on changing his ways – Why should he? It’s
not like he’s getting suspended for illegal hits or anything…
to visit injured HS player in hospital - Matt Brown is going
through a tough time; Bergeron will be spending some time with him in
proposes ‘band aid solution’ to head shot rule - You didn’t expect
the players to just accept an off the cuff, arbitrary rule change, did
on the epic Leblond – Janssen fight - How they kept swinging and
swinging is just amazing to me.
Turco era in Dallas coming to an end - The Stars are riding Kari
Lehtonen for the remainder of the season. Seriously,
games: Something for everyone – The big games are tomorrow night.
four cream of the crop for East and West – I predict San Jose and
New Jersey don’t make it out of the first round.
back at Selanne’s 600 goal career – Congratulations, sir.
Vote for the second Bertuzzday winner – How the Oilers aren’t
winning is beyond me.
best and worst in special teams plus/minus – This is some stat geek
nerdiness at it’s best.
the NHL’s best PP and PK units - You mean percentage numbers isn’t
the only way?
seems OK after skate blade scare – Could have been much, much
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team