Mar 23, 2010, 12:45 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the
day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting
the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
playoffs update: Sharks drowning in San Jose – The Sharks keep
falling, and falling, and falling…
the Calgary Flames get ToskaLOL’d? – A reporter wonders whether it
was a smart move to start Toskala over Kiprusoff.
Ovechkin: Alex was “always in motion” - Ovi’s mum says that he was
always an active child, recklessly knocking the other children into the
succeeding minus Ilya Kovalchuk - Atlanta actually has a better
record than New Jersey since the trade.
Carter out 3-to-4 weeks with fractured foot – Flyers fans
everywhere spontaneously combust.
Wings play with fire, put playoff tickets on sale – Detroit is
pretty certain they’ll make the playoffs, it seems.
Jose Sharks searching for answers – ….and searching, and
searching, and searching…..
Ovechkin doesn’t plan on changing his ways – Why should he? It’s
not like he’s getting suspended for illegal hits or anything…
to visit injured HS player in hospital - Matt Brown is going
through a tough time; Bergeron will be spending some time with him in
proposes ‘band aid solution’ to head shot rule - You didn’t expect
the players to just accept an off the cuff, arbitrary rule change, did
on the epic Leblond – Janssen fight - How they kept swinging and
swinging is just amazing to me.
Turco era in Dallas coming to an end - The Stars are riding Kari
Lehtonen for the remainder of the season. Seriously,
games: Something for everyone – The big games are tomorrow night.
four cream of the crop for East and West – I predict San Jose and
New Jersey don’t make it out of the first round.
back at Selanne’s 600 goal career – Congratulations, sir.
Vote for the second Bertuzzday winner – How the Oilers aren’t
winning is beyond me.
best and worst in special teams plus/minus – This is some stat geek
nerdiness at it’s best.
the NHL’s best PP and PK units - You mean percentage numbers isn’t
the only way?
seems OK after skate blade scare – Could have been much, much
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 11
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 6
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29