Mar 23, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will get a needed boost for tonight’s big game
against the Phoenix Coyotes, as Brent Seabrook is expected to rejoin
the team tonight after missing the past week with a concussion.
Via Chris Kuc of Chicago Tribune:
“It’s nice to have him back,” Hawks coach
Joel Quenneville said. “He skated a couple, three times since he’s been
out. We look forward to him getting back in there.
“It can help us. Him and
Duncan (Keith) really work well together,
get the top assignment and log a lot of minutes together. Their
familiarity with each other helps alleviate some zone time and some
puck-possession time as well. He’s physical as well and we like his
presence back there. We expect him to have a regular work load, but
we’ll keep an eye on him and see how he’s handling it.”
It’s good to finally see an injured player return to the ice before
the offending player’s suspension is up (although I stand by my stance
that injuries should not affect punishment), and it comes none too soon.
The Blackhawks will have Antti Niemi in net and have to take full
possession of the top seed in the West.
One more time, show of hands: how many here pictured the Coyotes
would be in this position in March?
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)