Mar 23, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will get a needed boost for tonight’s big game
against the Phoenix Coyotes, as Brent Seabrook is expected to rejoin
the team tonight after missing the past week with a concussion.
Via Chris Kuc of Chicago Tribune:
“It’s nice to have him back,” Hawks coach
Joel Quenneville said. ”He skated a couple, three times since he’s been
out. We look forward to him getting back in there.
“It can help us. Him and
Duncan (Keith) really work well together,
get the top assignment and log a lot of minutes together. Their
familiarity with each other helps alleviate some zone time and some
puck-possession time as well. He’s physical as well and we like his
presence back there. We expect him to have a regular work load, but
we’ll keep an eye on him and see how he’s handling it.”
It’s good to finally see an injured player return to the ice before
the offending player’s suspension is up (although I stand by my stance
that injuries should not affect punishment), and it comes none too soon.
The Blackhawks will have Antti Niemi in net and have to take full
possession of the top seed in the West.
One more time, show of hands: how many here pictured the Coyotes
would be in this position in March?
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 18
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 14
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 10
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 14
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 39
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 24
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 34
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)