Mar 23, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will get a needed boost for tonight’s big game
against the Phoenix Coyotes, as Brent Seabrook is expected to rejoin
the team tonight after missing the past week with a concussion.
Via Chris Kuc of Chicago Tribune:
“It’s nice to have him back,” Hawks coach
Joel Quenneville said. “He skated a couple, three times since he’s been
out. We look forward to him getting back in there.
“It can help us. Him and
Duncan (Keith) really work well together,
get the top assignment and log a lot of minutes together. Their
familiarity with each other helps alleviate some zone time and some
puck-possession time as well. He’s physical as well and we like his
presence back there. We expect him to have a regular work load, but
we’ll keep an eye on him and see how he’s handling it.”
It’s good to finally see an injured player return to the ice before
the offending player’s suspension is up (although I stand by my stance
that injuries should not affect punishment), and it comes none too soon.
The Blackhawks will have Antti Niemi in net and have to take full
possession of the top seed in the West.
One more time, show of hands: how many here pictured the Coyotes
would be in this position in March?
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)