Mar 23, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will get a needed boost for tonight’s big game
against the Phoenix Coyotes, as Brent Seabrook is expected to rejoin
the team tonight after missing the past week with a concussion.
Via Chris Kuc of Chicago Tribune:
“It’s nice to have him back,” Hawks coach
Joel Quenneville said. “He skated a couple, three times since he’s been
out. We look forward to him getting back in there.
“It can help us. Him and
Duncan (Keith) really work well together,
get the top assignment and log a lot of minutes together. Their
familiarity with each other helps alleviate some zone time and some
puck-possession time as well. He’s physical as well and we like his
presence back there. We expect him to have a regular work load, but
we’ll keep an eye on him and see how he’s handling it.”
It’s good to finally see an injured player return to the ice before
the offending player’s suspension is up (although I stand by my stance
that injuries should not affect punishment), and it comes none too soon.
The Blackhawks will have Antti Niemi in net and have to take full
possession of the top seed in the West.
One more time, show of hands: how many here pictured the Coyotes
would be in this position in March?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)