Mar 23, 2010, 2:17 PM EST
A.J. Perez of NHL Fanhouse
is reporting today that U.S. Marshalls and Florida sheriff’s
department investigators have gathered at the Washington Capitals’
training facility in Arlington, Virginia.
looking to talk to a few players,” an investigator from the Polk
County Sherriff’s office said before they entered the Capitals
office building that is attached to the team’s practice rink.
Polk County investigator, who identified himself only as a sergeant,
told FanHouse they were here as part of the investigation of Douglas
Owen Nagel, a chiropractor in nearby Reston, Va. Nagel was arrested by
Polk County and federal authorities Tuesday on suspicion he had
purchased anabolic steroids.
Perez reports that a number of current
and former Capitals players are patients of Nagel, although there is
zero proof at this point whether they have purchased drugs from the
chiropractor. This is apparently part of a year-long investigation of
Richard Thomas, who was arrested last summer in relation to steroids and
growth hormones coming from the Slovak Republic.
claimed to have sold drugs to professional sports people,” Judd
said in June. “He said, ‘You pick the sport and I sold it to them.’ We
pressed him further and he said he sold steroids to the Washington
Capitals and the Nationals.”
The Washington Capitals
have said they will have a statement on the investigation later today.
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 2
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 71
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 66
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 33
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)