Mar 22, 2010, 1:49 PM EST
With the Detroit Red Wings holding on to the 8th playoff spot, it’s a
pretty good certainty that they’ll stay there. They could even move up
higher. It’s the Red Wings and Mike Babcock — they know exactly what
they’re doing here.
But with just a two point lead on the Calgary
Flames, let’s not get a hold of ourselves here.
The Red Wings
website has an announcement that playoff tickets for rounds one and two
will go on sale this Saturday at Noon. By that time, the Red Wings could
have built their lead over the Flames and the doubts over a playoff
berth could be negated. Or they, could be tied with Calgary and the
playoff race is even tighter.
It’s not unusual for a team to put
playoff tickets on sale weeks ahead of time, but it is rare for tickets
to go on sale when their playoff berth is still in question. Perhaps the
Red Wings want to get an early jump on ticket sales, as they fight with
a struggling Detroit economy to fill Joe Louis Arena.
the hockey gods is not a smart thing to do with one month remaining in
(Hat tip to George Malik and his Snapshots blog)
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33