Mar 22, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
Have you seen the Cam Janssen and Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond fight
yet? If not, you
can check it out here.
The fight is starting to build a
considerable buzz today around the hockey world, and most are calling it
the best fight of the season. It may be the best fight of the past few
Kevin Schultz of AOL Fanhouse breaks down the fight nearly
hit for hit,
including this gem:
1:09 – The two exchange some
words. It almost seems as if Janssen is
saying, “Yeah, I’m not going away anytime soon.” To which
Letourneau-Leblond responds, “Here’s a fist for your face.”
1:20 – The referees are circling like vultures now, ready to stop this
fight but, impressively, neither fighter is tiring all too much.
1:28 – Janssen actually signals to the refs to keep their distance.
That is awesome.
Both Janssen and
Leblond actually signaled a couple of times for the officials to back
off, almost as if they both knew they were in the middle of a historic
bout. I’m still amazed at how long they went without tiring. Per
Rich Chere of the NJ Star-Ledger:
“He definitely lamded some. I can’t tell you how many right now. I’ll
tell you tomorrow,” Leblond said.
“Once it’s over you are,” Leblond said. “During the fight you don’t
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13