Mar 22, 2010, 4:56 PM EST
Have you seen the Cam Janssen and Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond fight
yet? If not, you
can check it out here.
The fight is starting to build a
considerable buzz today around the hockey world, and most are calling it
the best fight of the season. It may be the best fight of the past few
Kevin Schultz of AOL Fanhouse breaks down the fight nearly
hit for hit,
including this gem:
1:09 – The two exchange some
words. It almost seems as if Janssen is
saying, “Yeah, I’m not going away anytime soon.” To which
Letourneau-Leblond responds, “Here’s a fist for your face.”
1:20 – The referees are circling like vultures now, ready to stop this
fight but, impressively, neither fighter is tiring all too much.
1:28 – Janssen actually signals to the refs to keep their distance.
That is awesome.
Both Janssen and
Leblond actually signaled a couple of times for the officials to back
off, almost as if they both knew they were in the middle of a historic
bout. I’m still amazed at how long they went without tiring. Per
Rich Chere of the NJ Star-Ledger:
“He definitely lamded some. I can’t tell you how many right now. I’ll
tell you tomorrow,” Leblond said.
“Once it’s over you are,” Leblond said. “During the fight you don’t
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 0
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 4
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)