Mar 22, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
Have you seen the Cam Janssen and Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond fight
yet? If not, you
can check it out here.
The fight is starting to build a
considerable buzz today around the hockey world, and most are calling it
the best fight of the season. It may be the best fight of the past few
Kevin Schultz of AOL Fanhouse breaks down the fight nearly
hit for hit,
including this gem:
1:09 – The two exchange some
words. It almost seems as if Janssen is
saying, “Yeah, I’m not going away anytime soon.” To which
Letourneau-Leblond responds, “Here’s a fist for your face.”
1:20 – The referees are circling like vultures now, ready to stop this
fight but, impressively, neither fighter is tiring all too much.
1:28 – Janssen actually signals to the refs to keep their distance.
That is awesome.
Both Janssen and
Leblond actually signaled a couple of times for the officials to back
off, almost as if they both knew they were in the middle of a historic
bout. I’m still amazed at how long they went without tiring. Per
Rich Chere of the NJ Star-Ledger:
“He definitely lamded some. I can’t tell you how many right now. I’ll
tell you tomorrow,” Leblond said.
“Once it’s over you are,” Leblond said. “During the fight you don’t
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)