Mar 22, 2010, 1:14 PM EDT
Anthony SanFillippo of the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting via
Twitter that the Flyers’ Jeff Carter is out 3-to-4 weeks with a
The Flyers season just keeps getting better.
Carter is the leading scorer for the Flyers, who are attempting to overcome an injury to starting goaltender Michael Leighton and not only hold onto a playoff spot but be successful once there.
There are just four weeks and ten games left in the Flyers’ season, so it’s obvious that the team is hopeful that Carter can return just in time for the playoffs. I’m a bit doubtful it will be just 3-4 weeks before he’s back on the ice, as it generally takes four weeks with a foot fracture before the player can even start walking on it without some sort of walking boot.
For those wondering the difference between a displaced and a non-displaced fracture, it’s almost just like it sounds. A displaced fracture means the bone has been violently moved from it’s normal position, and generally requires surgery to correct. A non-displaced is well, fractured in place.
Carter is a hockey player and his team needs him. I’m certain he’ll be back on the ice for game one of the playoffs.
If they can make even make it without him.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)