Mar 22, 2010, 1:14 PM EST
Anthony SanFillippo of the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting via
Twitter that the Flyers’ Jeff Carter is out 3-to-4 weeks with a
The Flyers season just keeps getting better.
Carter is the leading scorer for the Flyers, who are attempting to overcome an injury to starting goaltender Michael Leighton and not only hold onto a playoff spot but be successful once there.
There are just four weeks and ten games left in the Flyers’ season, so it’s obvious that the team is hopeful that Carter can return just in time for the playoffs. I’m a bit doubtful it will be just 3-4 weeks before he’s back on the ice, as it generally takes four weeks with a foot fracture before the player can even start walking on it without some sort of walking boot.
For those wondering the difference between a displaced and a non-displaced fracture, it’s almost just like it sounds. A displaced fracture means the bone has been violently moved from it’s normal position, and generally requires surgery to correct. A non-displaced is well, fractured in place.
Carter is a hockey player and his team needs him. I’m certain he’ll be back on the ice for game one of the playoffs.
If they can make even make it without him.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher 10
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)