Mar 22, 2010, 1:14 PM EST
Anthony SanFillippo of the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting via
Twitter that the Flyers’ Jeff Carter is out 3-to-4 weeks with a
The Flyers season just keeps getting better.
Carter is the leading scorer for the Flyers, who are attempting to overcome an injury to starting goaltender Michael Leighton and not only hold onto a playoff spot but be successful once there.
There are just four weeks and ten games left in the Flyers’ season, so it’s obvious that the team is hopeful that Carter can return just in time for the playoffs. I’m a bit doubtful it will be just 3-4 weeks before he’s back on the ice, as it generally takes four weeks with a foot fracture before the player can even start walking on it without some sort of walking boot.
For those wondering the difference between a displaced and a non-displaced fracture, it’s almost just like it sounds. A displaced fracture means the bone has been violently moved from it’s normal position, and generally requires surgery to correct. A non-displaced is well, fractured in place.
Carter is a hockey player and his team needs him. I’m certain he’ll be back on the ice for game one of the playoffs.
If they can make even make it without him.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)