Mar 22, 2010, 1:14 PM EDT
Anthony SanFillippo of the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting via
Twitter that the Flyers’ Jeff Carter is out 3-to-4 weeks with a
The Flyers season just keeps getting better.
Carter is the leading scorer for the Flyers, who are attempting to overcome an injury to starting goaltender Michael Leighton and not only hold onto a playoff spot but be successful once there.
There are just four weeks and ten games left in the Flyers’ season, so it’s obvious that the team is hopeful that Carter can return just in time for the playoffs. I’m a bit doubtful it will be just 3-4 weeks before he’s back on the ice, as it generally takes four weeks with a foot fracture before the player can even start walking on it without some sort of walking boot.
For those wondering the difference between a displaced and a non-displaced fracture, it’s almost just like it sounds. A displaced fracture means the bone has been violently moved from it’s normal position, and generally requires surgery to correct. A non-displaced is well, fractured in place.
Carter is a hockey player and his team needs him. I’m certain he’ll be back on the ice for game one of the playoffs.
If they can make even make it without him.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 22
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 12
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 46
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 26
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal