Mar 22, 2010, 1:14 PM EDT
Anthony SanFillippo of the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting via
Twitter that the Flyers’ Jeff Carter is out 3-to-4 weeks with a
The Flyers season just keeps getting better.
Carter is the leading scorer for the Flyers, who are attempting to overcome an injury to starting goaltender Michael Leighton and not only hold onto a playoff spot but be successful once there.
There are just four weeks and ten games left in the Flyers’ season, so it’s obvious that the team is hopeful that Carter can return just in time for the playoffs. I’m a bit doubtful it will be just 3-4 weeks before he’s back on the ice, as it generally takes four weeks with a foot fracture before the player can even start walking on it without some sort of walking boot.
For those wondering the difference between a displaced and a non-displaced fracture, it’s almost just like it sounds. A displaced fracture means the bone has been violently moved from it’s normal position, and generally requires surgery to correct. A non-displaced is well, fractured in place.
Carter is a hockey player and his team needs him. I’m certain he’ll be back on the ice for game one of the playoffs.
If they can make even make it without him.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 1
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 9
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 84
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 37
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 57
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)