Mar 21, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
Dennis Wideman has gotten his fair share of criticism from various sources (PHT included) but he had quite the nice series to make the game 2-0 for Boston. First, he fought off some tenacious checking in his own zone to dangerously move the puck out of his zone. Then he played some aggressive hockey, received a nice pass and somehow launched a backhand shot to the right top corner to beat Henrik Lundqvist, who was deep in his net.
Just an amazing shot by Wideman. Could that be the last straw against a flat Rangers team?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5