Mar 21, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
Dennis Wideman has gotten his fair share of criticism from various sources (PHT included) but he had quite the nice series to make the game 2-0 for Boston. First, he fought off some tenacious checking in his own zone to dangerously move the puck out of his zone. Then he played some aggressive hockey, received a nice pass and somehow launched a backhand shot to the right top corner to beat Henrik Lundqvist, who was deep in his net.
Just an amazing shot by Wideman. Could that be the last straw against a flat Rangers team?
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 2
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 7
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 108
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7