Mar 21, 2010, 2:46 PM EST
Dennis Wideman has gotten his fair share of criticism from various sources (PHT included) but he had quite the nice series to make the game 2-0 for Boston. First, he fought off some tenacious checking in his own zone to dangerously move the puck out of his zone. Then he played some aggressive hockey, received a nice pass and somehow launched a backhand shot to the right top corner to beat Henrik Lundqvist, who was deep in his net.
Just an amazing shot by Wideman. Could that be the last straw against a flat Rangers team?
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 76
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2