Mar 21, 2010, 2:46 PM EST
Dennis Wideman has gotten his fair share of criticism from various sources (PHT included) but he had quite the nice series to make the game 2-0 for Boston. First, he fought off some tenacious checking in his own zone to dangerously move the puck out of his zone. Then he played some aggressive hockey, received a nice pass and somehow launched a backhand shot to the right top corner to beat Henrik Lundqvist, who was deep in his net.
Just an amazing shot by Wideman. Could that be the last straw against a flat Rangers team?
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 17
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46