Mar 21, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Look, it’s quite possible that there was a better save than this tonight. I mean, I doubt it, but there could be.
Sometimes you can’t help but have one moment stick with you and this save did just that. It was one of those saves (or failed goals?) that made me feel like my brain was going to fall out of my skull. Seriously, though, I couldn’t believe that Patrick Kane didn’t score on Ilya Bryzgalov right there.
Considering the fact that this was in overtime during Phoenix’s come-from-behind 5-4 shootout victory of the Blackhawks, I’d say that it was a pretty big deal too. Now the Coyotes are on an impressive eight game winning streak, which leaves them 1 point behind Pacific division leader San Jose (although Phoenix has played an extra game). Some smelly blogger wondered if the Coyotes could catch the Sharks the other day, now that you mention it.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53