Mar 21, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Look, it’s quite possible that there was a better save than this tonight. I mean, I doubt it, but there could be.
Sometimes you can’t help but have one moment stick with you and this save did just that. It was one of those saves (or failed goals?) that made me feel like my brain was going to fall out of my skull. Seriously, though, I couldn’t believe that Patrick Kane didn’t score on Ilya Bryzgalov right there.
Considering the fact that this was in overtime during Phoenix’s come-from-behind 5-4 shootout victory of the Blackhawks, I’d say that it was a pretty big deal too. Now the Coyotes are on an impressive eight game winning streak, which leaves them 1 point behind Pacific division leader San Jose (although Phoenix has played an extra game). Some smelly blogger wondered if the Coyotes could catch the Sharks the other day, now that you mention it.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)