Mar 21, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Look, it’s quite possible that there was a better save than this tonight. I mean, I doubt it, but there could be.
Sometimes you can’t help but have one moment stick with you and this save did just that. It was one of those saves (or failed goals?) that made me feel like my brain was going to fall out of my skull. Seriously, though, I couldn’t believe that Patrick Kane didn’t score on Ilya Bryzgalov right there.
Considering the fact that this was in overtime during Phoenix’s come-from-behind 5-4 shootout victory of the Blackhawks, I’d say that it was a pretty big deal too. Now the Coyotes are on an impressive eight game winning streak, which leaves them 1 point behind Pacific division leader San Jose (although Phoenix has played an extra game). Some smelly blogger wondered if the Coyotes could catch the Sharks the other day, now that you mention it.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 25
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)