Mar 21, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Look, it’s quite possible that there was a better save than this tonight. I mean, I doubt it, but there could be.
Sometimes you can’t help but have one moment stick with you and this save did just that. It was one of those saves (or failed goals?) that made me feel like my brain was going to fall out of my skull. Seriously, though, I couldn’t believe that Patrick Kane didn’t score on Ilya Bryzgalov right there.
Considering the fact that this was in overtime during Phoenix’s come-from-behind 5-4 shootout victory of the Blackhawks, I’d say that it was a pretty big deal too. Now the Coyotes are on an impressive eight game winning streak, which leaves them 1 point behind Pacific division leader San Jose (although Phoenix has played an extra game). Some smelly blogger wondered if the Coyotes could catch the Sharks the other day, now that you mention it.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25