Mar 21, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Look, it’s quite possible that there was a better save than this tonight. I mean, I doubt it, but there could be.
Sometimes you can’t help but have one moment stick with you and this save did just that. It was one of those saves (or failed goals?) that made me feel like my brain was going to fall out of my skull. Seriously, though, I couldn’t believe that Patrick Kane didn’t score on Ilya Bryzgalov right there.
Considering the fact that this was in overtime during Phoenix’s come-from-behind 5-4 shootout victory of the Blackhawks, I’d say that it was a pretty big deal too. Now the Coyotes are on an impressive eight game winning streak, which leaves them 1 point behind Pacific division leader San Jose (although Phoenix has played an extra game). Some smelly blogger wondered if the Coyotes could catch the Sharks the other day, now that you mention it.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40