Mar 21, 2010, 3:30 AM EDT
Normally I wouldn’t post so late, but Chris Kontos of The Royal Half passed along this video of Glen Healy on Hockey Night in Canada, which also included an interesting nugget from Pierre LeBrun on the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation.
First, let’s touch on Healy’s comments. Healy said that the locker room was “poisonous” and that they have “the wrong names on the back of some of those sweaters.” I can’t help but wonder: who exactly is Healy talking about? I often heard murmurs about Phil Kessel being a bit of a … problem, but who might be a locker room cancer now?
Moving on, LeBrun mentioned that the Ice Edge group may no longer have exclusive rights to negotiate a purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes. This thought was echoed on the CBC Web site by Mihira Lakshman.
While the Ice Edge group struggles to get everything in order, it now appears that Chicago White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf has re-entered the mix as a potential front-runner to buy the NHL franchise, LeBrun said.
It’s a strange twist to the story since Reinsdorf issued a statement in August of 2009 saying he pulling out as a potential buyer.
“If they don’t figure this out by mid-May, maybe we’re talking relocation,” LeBrun said.
Interesting. We’ll keep our eyes on the Phoenix Coyotes’ ownership situation, even though it seems like we’re far from a concrete conclusion.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 8
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 17
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 31
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles