Mar 21, 2010, 3:30 AM EDT
Normally I wouldn’t post so late, but Chris Kontos of The Royal Half passed along this video of Glen Healy on Hockey Night in Canada, which also included an interesting nugget from Pierre LeBrun on the Phoenix Coyotes ownership situation.
First, let’s touch on Healy’s comments. Healy said that the locker room was “poisonous” and that they have “the wrong names on the back of some of those sweaters.” I can’t help but wonder: who exactly is Healy talking about? I often heard murmurs about Phil Kessel being a bit of a … problem, but who might be a locker room cancer now?
Moving on, LeBrun mentioned that the Ice Edge group may no longer have exclusive rights to negotiate a purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes. This thought was echoed on the CBC Web site by Mihira Lakshman.
While the Ice Edge group struggles to get everything in order, it now appears that Chicago White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf has re-entered the mix as a potential front-runner to buy the NHL franchise, LeBrun said.
It’s a strange twist to the story since Reinsdorf issued a statement in August of 2009 saying he pulling out as a potential buyer.
“If they don’t figure this out by mid-May, maybe we’re talking relocation,” LeBrun said.
Interesting. We’ll keep our eyes on the Phoenix Coyotes’ ownership situation, even though it seems like we’re far from a concrete conclusion.
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 0
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 37
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (54)