Mar 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were a lot of great moments in Saturday’s games, but I’ll try to focus on just the two most important goals.
First, let’s take a look at Jamie McBain’s OT GWG for Carolina against Pittsburgh, which came with only 0.9 seconds remaining in the extra period. (Quick note: my inner-pun headline writer urges someone to use the headline “Jamie turns out to be McBain of Pens’ existence.” Please? Pretty please?)
Not to be outdone, Henrik Zetterberg helped the Red Wings remain (sigh) red hot with a OT GWG in 0.2 seconds left. I guess the next time someone scores a heart breaking, faraway goal with a backhander in NHL ’10, I’ll just have to accept that such an event is at least feasible. I’ll still throw my controller, though, because I am a child.
Those are the best goals of last night, but you should check out the rest of them on NHL.com too. I especially enjoy Nicklas Backstrom’s pass off the boards to setup an Ovechkin goal.
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 0
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 46
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL