Mar 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were a lot of great moments in Saturday’s games, but I’ll try to focus on just the two most important goals.
First, let’s take a look at Jamie McBain’s OT GWG for Carolina against Pittsburgh, which came with only 0.9 seconds remaining in the extra period. (Quick note: my inner-pun headline writer urges someone to use the headline “Jamie turns out to be McBain of Pens’ existence.” Please? Pretty please?)
Not to be outdone, Henrik Zetterberg helped the Red Wings remain (sigh) red hot with a OT GWG in 0.2 seconds left. I guess the next time someone scores a heart breaking, faraway goal with a backhander in NHL ’10, I’ll just have to accept that such an event is at least feasible. I’ll still throw my controller, though, because I am a child.
Those are the best goals of last night, but you should check out the rest of them on NHL.com too. I especially enjoy Nicklas Backstrom’s pass off the boards to setup an Ovechkin goal.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)