Mar 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were a lot of great moments in Saturday’s games, but I’ll try to focus on just the two most important goals.
First, let’s take a look at Jamie McBain’s OT GWG for Carolina against Pittsburgh, which came with only 0.9 seconds remaining in the extra period. (Quick note: my inner-pun headline writer urges someone to use the headline “Jamie turns out to be McBain of Pens’ existence.” Please? Pretty please?)
Not to be outdone, Henrik Zetterberg helped the Red Wings remain (sigh) red hot with a OT GWG in 0.2 seconds left. I guess the next time someone scores a heart breaking, faraway goal with a backhander in NHL ’10, I’ll just have to accept that such an event is at least feasible. I’ll still throw my controller, though, because I am a child.
Those are the best goals of last night, but you should check out the rest of them on NHL.com too. I especially enjoy Nicklas Backstrom’s pass off the boards to setup an Ovechkin goal.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 5
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)