Mar 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were a lot of great moments in Saturday’s games, but I’ll try to focus on just the two most important goals.
First, let’s take a look at Jamie McBain’s OT GWG for Carolina against Pittsburgh, which came with only 0.9 seconds remaining in the extra period. (Quick note: my inner-pun headline writer urges someone to use the headline “Jamie turns out to be McBain of Pens’ existence.” Please? Pretty please?)
Not to be outdone, Henrik Zetterberg helped the Red Wings remain (sigh) red hot with a OT GWG in 0.2 seconds left. I guess the next time someone scores a heart breaking, faraway goal with a backhander in NHL ’10, I’ll just have to accept that such an event is at least feasible. I’ll still throw my controller, though, because I am a child.
Those are the best goals of last night, but you should check out the rest of them on NHL.com too. I especially enjoy Nicklas Backstrom’s pass off the boards to setup an Ovechkin goal.
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 5
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18