Mar 21, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were a lot of great moments in Saturday’s games, but I’ll try to focus on just the two most important goals.
First, let’s take a look at Jamie McBain’s OT GWG for Carolina against Pittsburgh, which came with only 0.9 seconds remaining in the extra period. (Quick note: my inner-pun headline writer urges someone to use the headline “Jamie turns out to be McBain of Pens’ existence.” Please? Pretty please?)
Not to be outdone, Henrik Zetterberg helped the Red Wings remain (sigh) red hot with a OT GWG in 0.2 seconds left. I guess the next time someone scores a heart breaking, faraway goal with a backhander in NHL ’10, I’ll just have to accept that such an event is at least feasible. I’ll still throw my controller, though, because I am a child.
Those are the best goals of last night, but you should check out the rest of them on NHL.com too. I especially enjoy Nicklas Backstrom’s pass off the boards to setup an Ovechkin goal.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)