Mar 19, 2010, 12:13 AM EST
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the
day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting
the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Clow says he didn’t want to fight Morrow - Clowe eventually fought
Barch after he took out Stephane Robidas.
seeking payback could be nightmare for NHL – Turns out, we didn’t
have anything to worry about.
need help to miss the playoffs – They may not need much, but some
teams behind them have to start winning.
and Drury disagree on Rangers’ maturity - Chris Drury looked to be
Bruins questionable with the flu – You know, that “post-St.
Patrick’s Day bug that’s going around” flu.
should make Pens pay – legally – Once again, we really didn’t have
anything to worry about.
injury continues awful week for Chicago – It’s not just the
goaltending that’s an issue for Chicago; they’re once great defense has
started to fall to pieces.
the West have a ‘true’ favorite? – San Jose and Chicago are far
from dominant late in the season. Is it Phoenix? It can’t be, can it?
the Ducks completely delusional? – James Wisiewski and Randy
Carlisle are not from this planet. I’m convinced of it.
Lidstrom: Still the one - The reports of Nicklas Lidstrom’s hockey
death are completely false
goalie curse strikes again: Leighton out 8-10 weeks - I called it.
There’s no way a high ankle sprain is just a day-to-day injury for a
hands Wisniewski an 8-game suspension – Was it enough? I think so.
Cooke gets in a fight right away – Cooke ‘paid’ for his
transgressions immediately, dropping the gloves and then getting pounded
by Shawn Thornton.
gets a penalty for tripping – This was about the most interesting
thing that happened in the game.
hits: Could 3D coverage give us Hockey-tar? - The NHL in 3-D? Yes,
Japan beats Canada in sledge hockey - I challenge anyone not to
watch a sledge hockey game and not be entertained.
win tepid bout with Boston 3-0 - About as anticlimactic as you can
has happened to the ‘hockey code’ in the NHL? – I am appalled at
the lack of respect that is being shown on a nightly basis around the
Kariya scores his 400th career goal - Congratulations to the future
Hall of Famer.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 14
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)