Mar 19, 2010, 12:13 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the
day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting
the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Clow says he didn’t want to fight Morrow - Clowe eventually fought
Barch after he took out Stephane Robidas.
seeking payback could be nightmare for NHL – Turns out, we didn’t
have anything to worry about.
need help to miss the playoffs – They may not need much, but some
teams behind them have to start winning.
and Drury disagree on Rangers’ maturity - Chris Drury looked to be
Bruins questionable with the flu – You know, that “post-St.
Patrick’s Day bug that’s going around” flu.
should make Pens pay – legally – Once again, we really didn’t have
anything to worry about.
injury continues awful week for Chicago – It’s not just the
goaltending that’s an issue for Chicago; they’re once great defense has
started to fall to pieces.
the West have a ‘true’ favorite? – San Jose and Chicago are far
from dominant late in the season. Is it Phoenix? It can’t be, can it?
the Ducks completely delusional? – James Wisiewski and Randy
Carlisle are not from this planet. I’m convinced of it.
Lidstrom: Still the one - The reports of Nicklas Lidstrom’s hockey
death are completely false
goalie curse strikes again: Leighton out 8-10 weeks - I called it.
There’s no way a high ankle sprain is just a day-to-day injury for a
hands Wisniewski an 8-game suspension – Was it enough? I think so.
Cooke gets in a fight right away – Cooke ‘paid’ for his
transgressions immediately, dropping the gloves and then getting pounded
by Shawn Thornton.
gets a penalty for tripping – This was about the most interesting
thing that happened in the game.
hits: Could 3D coverage give us Hockey-tar? - The NHL in 3-D? Yes,
Japan beats Canada in sledge hockey - I challenge anyone not to
watch a sledge hockey game and not be entertained.
win tepid bout with Boston 3-0 - About as anticlimactic as you can
has happened to the ‘hockey code’ in the NHL? – I am appalled at
the lack of respect that is being shown on a nightly basis around the
Kariya scores his 400th career goal - Congratulations to the future
Hall of Famer.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 33
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 6
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)