Mar 19, 2010, 12:13 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the
day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting
the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Clow says he didn’t want to fight Morrow - Clowe eventually fought
Barch after he took out Stephane Robidas.
seeking payback could be nightmare for NHL – Turns out, we didn’t
have anything to worry about.
need help to miss the playoffs – They may not need much, but some
teams behind them have to start winning.
and Drury disagree on Rangers’ maturity - Chris Drury looked to be
Bruins questionable with the flu – You know, that “post-St.
Patrick’s Day bug that’s going around” flu.
should make Pens pay – legally – Once again, we really didn’t have
anything to worry about.
injury continues awful week for Chicago – It’s not just the
goaltending that’s an issue for Chicago; they’re once great defense has
started to fall to pieces.
the West have a ‘true’ favorite? – San Jose and Chicago are far
from dominant late in the season. Is it Phoenix? It can’t be, can it?
the Ducks completely delusional? – James Wisiewski and Randy
Carlisle are not from this planet. I’m convinced of it.
Lidstrom: Still the one - The reports of Nicklas Lidstrom’s hockey
death are completely false
goalie curse strikes again: Leighton out 8-10 weeks - I called it.
There’s no way a high ankle sprain is just a day-to-day injury for a
hands Wisniewski an 8-game suspension – Was it enough? I think so.
Cooke gets in a fight right away – Cooke ‘paid’ for his
transgressions immediately, dropping the gloves and then getting pounded
by Shawn Thornton.
gets a penalty for tripping – This was about the most interesting
thing that happened in the game.
hits: Could 3D coverage give us Hockey-tar? - The NHL in 3-D? Yes,
Japan beats Canada in sledge hockey - I challenge anyone not to
watch a sledge hockey game and not be entertained.
win tepid bout with Boston 3-0 - About as anticlimactic as you can
has happened to the ‘hockey code’ in the NHL? – I am appalled at
the lack of respect that is being shown on a nightly basis around the
Kariya scores his 400th career goal - Congratulations to the future
Hall of Famer.
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 0
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 34
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 25
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 78
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead