Mar 18, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
Going into this game, the questions seemed to be: which Penguin is going to have trouble walking tomorrow? Will the Boston Bruins wreak havoc on the Penguins legally or through dirty hits? Who will bleed his own blood?
By the end, the real question was: do the Bruins even have a pulse?
Matt Cooke paid a small toll – or at least honored the so-called “Code” – when he took a mild clubbing from larger tough guy Shawn Thornton. He seemingly was the only Pittsburgh player who really had to break a sweat, though, as the Penguins strolled to a 3-0 victory over the punch-less Bruins.
Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 17 non-threatening shots to record his 16th career shutout and the Penguins’ first of the season. Honestly, the only truly eventful moment for the goofy goalie came when he made a Dominik Hasek-like dash down the ice to intercept a puck. Other than that, the Bruins didn’t generate much more than sarcastic cheers from an understandably frustrated Boston crowd.
Perhaps the only lingering question is whether or not Boston will try to get “extra” revenge the next time the two teams play. If the Bruins keep performing like they did tonight, the two teams will have to wait until next season to find out.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 22
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 12
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 46
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 26
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal