Mar 18, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
Going into this game, the questions seemed to be: which Penguin is going to have trouble walking tomorrow? Will the Boston Bruins wreak havoc on the Penguins legally or through dirty hits? Who will bleed his own blood?
By the end, the real question was: do the Bruins even have a pulse?
Matt Cooke paid a small toll – or at least honored the so-called “Code” – when he took a mild clubbing from larger tough guy Shawn Thornton. He seemingly was the only Pittsburgh player who really had to break a sweat, though, as the Penguins strolled to a 3-0 victory over the punch-less Bruins.
Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 17 non-threatening shots to record his 16th career shutout and the Penguins’ first of the season. Honestly, the only truly eventful moment for the goofy goalie came when he made a Dominik Hasek-like dash down the ice to intercept a puck. Other than that, the Bruins didn’t generate much more than sarcastic cheers from an understandably frustrated Boston crowd.
Perhaps the only lingering question is whether or not Boston will try to get “extra” revenge the next time the two teams play. If the Bruins keep performing like they did tonight, the two teams will have to wait until next season to find out.
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)