Mar 18, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
Going into this game, the questions seemed to be: which Penguin is going to have trouble walking tomorrow? Will the Boston Bruins wreak havoc on the Penguins legally or through dirty hits? Who will bleed his own blood?
By the end, the real question was: do the Bruins even have a pulse?
Matt Cooke paid a small toll – or at least honored the so-called “Code” – when he took a mild clubbing from larger tough guy Shawn Thornton. He seemingly was the only Pittsburgh player who really had to break a sweat, though, as the Penguins strolled to a 3-0 victory over the punch-less Bruins.
Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 17 non-threatening shots to record his 16th career shutout and the Penguins’ first of the season. Honestly, the only truly eventful moment for the goofy goalie came when he made a Dominik Hasek-like dash down the ice to intercept a puck. Other than that, the Bruins didn’t generate much more than sarcastic cheers from an understandably frustrated Boston crowd.
Perhaps the only lingering question is whether or not Boston will try to get “extra” revenge the next time the two teams play. If the Bruins keep performing like they did tonight, the two teams will have to wait until next season to find out.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 19
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 80
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)