Mar 18, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
Going into this game, the questions seemed to be: which Penguin is going to have trouble walking tomorrow? Will the Boston Bruins wreak havoc on the Penguins legally or through dirty hits? Who will bleed his own blood?
By the end, the real question was: do the Bruins even have a pulse?
Matt Cooke paid a small toll – or at least honored the so-called “Code” – when he took a mild clubbing from larger tough guy Shawn Thornton. He seemingly was the only Pittsburgh player who really had to break a sweat, though, as the Penguins strolled to a 3-0 victory over the punch-less Bruins.
Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 17 non-threatening shots to record his 16th career shutout and the Penguins’ first of the season. Honestly, the only truly eventful moment for the goofy goalie came when he made a Dominik Hasek-like dash down the ice to intercept a puck. Other than that, the Bruins didn’t generate much more than sarcastic cheers from an understandably frustrated Boston crowd.
Perhaps the only lingering question is whether or not Boston will try to get “extra” revenge the next time the two teams play. If the Bruins keep performing like they did tonight, the two teams will have to wait until next season to find out.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)