Mar 18, 2010, 9:37 PM EDT
Going into this game, the questions seemed to be: which Penguin is going to have trouble walking tomorrow? Will the Boston Bruins wreak havoc on the Penguins legally or through dirty hits? Who will bleed his own blood?
By the end, the real question was: do the Bruins even have a pulse?
Matt Cooke paid a small toll – or at least honored the so-called “Code” – when he took a mild clubbing from larger tough guy Shawn Thornton. He seemingly was the only Pittsburgh player who really had to break a sweat, though, as the Penguins strolled to a 3-0 victory over the punch-less Bruins.
Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 17 non-threatening shots to record his 16th career shutout and the Penguins’ first of the season. Honestly, the only truly eventful moment for the goofy goalie came when he made a Dominik Hasek-like dash down the ice to intercept a puck. Other than that, the Bruins didn’t generate much more than sarcastic cheers from an understandably frustrated Boston crowd.
Perhaps the only lingering question is whether or not Boston will try to get “extra” revenge the next time the two teams play. If the Bruins keep performing like they did tonight, the two teams will have to wait until next season to find out.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)