Mar 18, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Big congratulations are in order for Paul Kariya, who notched his
400th career goal tonight against the New York Rangers. The St. Louis
Blues forward has had a rough couple of seasons lately, after it seemed
he would be neck and neck with former teammate Teemu Selanne throughout
Kariya has scored just 33 goals the past three
seasons, and one has to wonder how many more he has in the tank after
injuries have derailed the latter part of his career.
night for a great player and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.
He’ll always remind of the golden age of 1990’s hockey and the Mighty
Ducks of Anaheim, and it’s a shame we most likely won’t get to see he
and Selanne team up together again.
Speaking of whom; Selanne is
sitting at 599 career goals as he deals with some injuries of his own.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)