Mar 18, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Big congratulations are in order for Paul Kariya, who notched his
400th career goal tonight against the New York Rangers. The St. Louis
Blues forward has had a rough couple of seasons lately, after it seemed
he would be neck and neck with former teammate Teemu Selanne throughout
Kariya has scored just 33 goals the past three
seasons, and one has to wonder how many more he has in the tank after
injuries have derailed the latter part of his career.
night for a great player and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.
He’ll always remind of the golden age of 1990’s hockey and the Mighty
Ducks of Anaheim, and it’s a shame we most likely won’t get to see he
and Selanne team up together again.
Speaking of whom; Selanne is
sitting at 599 career goals as he deals with some injuries of his own.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)