Mar 18, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Big congratulations are in order for Paul Kariya, who notched his
400th career goal tonight against the New York Rangers. The St. Louis
Blues forward has had a rough couple of seasons lately, after it seemed
he would be neck and neck with former teammate Teemu Selanne throughout
Kariya has scored just 33 goals the past three
seasons, and one has to wonder how many more he has in the tank after
injuries have derailed the latter part of his career.
night for a great player and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.
He’ll always remind of the golden age of 1990’s hockey and the Mighty
Ducks of Anaheim, and it’s a shame we most likely won’t get to see he
and Selanne team up together again.
Speaking of whom; Selanne is
sitting at 599 career goals as he deals with some injuries of his own.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 9
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)