Mar 18, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Big congratulations are in order for Paul Kariya, who notched his
400th career goal tonight against the New York Rangers. The St. Louis
Blues forward has had a rough couple of seasons lately, after it seemed
he would be neck and neck with former teammate Teemu Selanne throughout
Kariya has scored just 33 goals the past three
seasons, and one has to wonder how many more he has in the tank after
injuries have derailed the latter part of his career.
night for a great player and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.
He’ll always remind of the golden age of 1990’s hockey and the Mighty
Ducks of Anaheim, and it’s a shame we most likely won’t get to see he
and Selanne team up together again.
Speaking of whom; Selanne is
sitting at 599 career goals as he deals with some injuries of his own.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 12
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18