Mar 18, 2010, 7:24 PM EDT
That didn’t take long. Shawn Thornton and Matt Cooke fought more or less the moment that Cooke stepped on the ice. It was a solid enough duel and the larger(/righteously justified?) Thornton got the better of the least popular man in the arena. As the Penguins’ announcers were asking, one has to wonder if this will be the last incident of the night.
As far as the league is concerned, that’s a perfectly fine reaction. We’ll keep an eye on this game as it progresses. If anything else interesting (or violent) happens, we’ll pass it along.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7