Mar 18, 2010, 7:24 PM EST
That didn’t take long. Shawn Thornton and Matt Cooke fought more or less the moment that Cooke stepped on the ice. It was a solid enough duel and the larger(/righteously justified?) Thornton got the better of the least popular man in the arena. As the Penguins’ announcers were asking, one has to wonder if this will be the last incident of the night.
As far as the league is concerned, that’s a perfectly fine reaction. We’ll keep an eye on this game as it progresses. If anything else interesting (or violent) happens, we’ll pass it along.
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5