Mar 18, 2010, 7:24 PM EDT
That didn’t take long. Shawn Thornton and Matt Cooke fought more or less the moment that Cooke stepped on the ice. It was a solid enough duel and the larger(/righteously justified?) Thornton got the better of the least popular man in the arena. As the Penguins’ announcers were asking, one has to wonder if this will be the last incident of the night.
As far as the league is concerned, that’s a perfectly fine reaction. We’ll keep an eye on this game as it progresses. If anything else interesting (or violent) happens, we’ll pass it along.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50