Mar 18, 2010, 7:42 PM EDT
Mr. Popular aka Matt Cooke just got a penalty for tripping. Not too surprisingly, the Twitter reactions were a little bit angry.
sarah_connors: You’re a joke, Cooke. A serious joke.
StarsScene: Jeez Cooke… I mean I know being a D-Bag comes easy to you… but really?!?
mlse: Oh, and now Cooke with a slewfoot. But he’s not a dirty player.
Still, not all the Twitter buzz was negative during the first period.
Jeff Marek: Say what you want about Cooke, he stepped up to a much bigger, tougher guy in Thornton tonight.
Again, PHT will keep you updated on this unique situation tonight.
The Penguins currently lead the game 1-0, if that matters.
Update: One more quick addition because it made me laugh.
cupofchowdah: You can have your Olympic hockey, give me my Neanderthal Hockey League
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)