Mar 18, 2010, 7:42 PM EST
Mr. Popular aka Matt Cooke just got a penalty for tripping. Not too surprisingly, the Twitter reactions were a little bit angry.
sarah_connors: You’re a joke, Cooke. A serious joke.
StarsScene: Jeez Cooke… I mean I know being a D-Bag comes easy to you… but really?!?
mlse: Oh, and now Cooke with a slewfoot. But he’s not a dirty player.
Still, not all the Twitter buzz was negative during the first period.
Jeff Marek: Say what you want about Cooke, he stepped up to a much bigger, tougher guy in Thornton tonight.
Again, PHT will keep you updated on this unique situation tonight.
The Penguins currently lead the game 1-0, if that matters.
Update: One more quick addition because it made me laugh.
cupofchowdah: You can have your Olympic hockey, give me my Neanderthal Hockey League
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3