Mar 18, 2010, 7:42 PM EDT
Mr. Popular aka Matt Cooke just got a penalty for tripping. Not too surprisingly, the Twitter reactions were a little bit angry.
sarah_connors: You’re a joke, Cooke. A serious joke.
StarsScene: Jeez Cooke… I mean I know being a D-Bag comes easy to you… but really?!?
mlse: Oh, and now Cooke with a slewfoot. But he’s not a dirty player.
Still, not all the Twitter buzz was negative during the first period.
Jeff Marek: Say what you want about Cooke, he stepped up to a much bigger, tougher guy in Thornton tonight.
Again, PHT will keep you updated on this unique situation tonight.
The Penguins currently lead the game 1-0, if that matters.
Update: One more quick addition because it made me laugh.
cupofchowdah: You can have your Olympic hockey, give me my Neanderthal Hockey League
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)