Mar 18, 2010, 7:42 PM EDT
Mr. Popular aka Matt Cooke just got a penalty for tripping. Not too surprisingly, the Twitter reactions were a little bit angry.
sarah_connors: You’re a joke, Cooke. A serious joke.
StarsScene: Jeez Cooke… I mean I know being a D-Bag comes easy to you… but really?!?
mlse: Oh, and now Cooke with a slewfoot. But he’s not a dirty player.
Still, not all the Twitter buzz was negative during the first period.
Jeff Marek: Say what you want about Cooke, he stepped up to a much bigger, tougher guy in Thornton tonight.
Again, PHT will keep you updated on this unique situation tonight.
The Penguins currently lead the game 1-0, if that matters.
Update: One more quick addition because it made me laugh.
cupofchowdah: You can have your Olympic hockey, give me my Neanderthal Hockey League
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)