Mar 18, 2010, 7:42 PM EDT
Mr. Popular aka Matt Cooke just got a penalty for tripping. Not too surprisingly, the Twitter reactions were a little bit angry.
sarah_connors: You’re a joke, Cooke. A serious joke.
StarsScene: Jeez Cooke… I mean I know being a D-Bag comes easy to you… but really?!?
mlse: Oh, and now Cooke with a slewfoot. But he’s not a dirty player.
Still, not all the Twitter buzz was negative during the first period.
Jeff Marek: Say what you want about Cooke, he stepped up to a much bigger, tougher guy in Thornton tonight.
Again, PHT will keep you updated on this unique situation tonight.
The Penguins currently lead the game 1-0, if that matters.
Update: One more quick addition because it made me laugh.
cupofchowdah: You can have your Olympic hockey, give me my Neanderthal Hockey League
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 13
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)