Mar 17, 2010, 8:35 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will be giving Corey Crawford a chance after all. The goaltender who was called up on an emergency basis because of Cristobal Huet’s flu will start tonight in net against the Anaheim Ducks. From Chris Kuc of Chicago Breaking Sports -
“I just have to come in and play my game and just be focused and
ready for every shot.” Crawford said after Wednesday’s morning skate.
“Right now it’s just a one-game thing. That’s how I look at it. It’s
kind of nice to get a game. I don’t know what else to think than just to
be ready and be focused.”
Crawford hasn’t fared all that well in the NHL, with just one win out of seven appearances at the top level. But the Hawks are giving him a shot to show what he can do, and you have to think they’re running out of options on their end as well when it comes to the goaltending position.
Sure, it’s just one game. Sure, it’s only because Huet has the flu and the Hawks are playing tomorrow night as well. But what if Crawford plays great, and then Niemi throws up a stinkbomb tomorrow? Are the Hawks forced to give Crawford a chance?
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11