Mar 17, 2010, 8:35 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will be giving Corey Crawford a chance after all. The goaltender who was called up on an emergency basis because of Cristobal Huet’s flu will start tonight in net against the Anaheim Ducks. From Chris Kuc of Chicago Breaking Sports -
“I just have to come in and play my game and just be focused and
ready for every shot.” Crawford said after Wednesday’s morning skate.
“Right now it’s just a one-game thing. That’s how I look at it. It’s
kind of nice to get a game. I don’t know what else to think than just to
be ready and be focused.”
Crawford hasn’t fared all that well in the NHL, with just one win out of seven appearances at the top level. But the Hawks are giving him a shot to show what he can do, and you have to think they’re running out of options on their end as well when it comes to the goaltending position.
Sure, it’s just one game. Sure, it’s only because Huet has the flu and the Hawks are playing tomorrow night as well. But what if Crawford plays great, and then Niemi throws up a stinkbomb tomorrow? Are the Hawks forced to give Crawford a chance?
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4