Mar 17, 2010, 8:35 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will be giving Corey Crawford a chance after all. The goaltender who was called up on an emergency basis because of Cristobal Huet’s flu will start tonight in net against the Anaheim Ducks. From Chris Kuc of Chicago Breaking Sports -
“I just have to come in and play my game and just be focused and
ready for every shot.” Crawford said after Wednesday’s morning skate.
“Right now it’s just a one-game thing. That’s how I look at it. It’s
kind of nice to get a game. I don’t know what else to think than just to
be ready and be focused.”
Crawford hasn’t fared all that well in the NHL, with just one win out of seven appearances at the top level. But the Hawks are giving him a shot to show what he can do, and you have to think they’re running out of options on their end as well when it comes to the goaltending position.
Sure, it’s just one game. Sure, it’s only because Huet has the flu and the Hawks are playing tomorrow night as well. But what if Crawford plays great, and then Niemi throws up a stinkbomb tomorrow? Are the Hawks forced to give Crawford a chance?
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 1
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 7
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 9
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 58
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)