Mar 16, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the
day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting
the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
of the Night: Marty Brodeur! – Brodeur with a textbook pass up the
ice, and David Clarkson scores. Great play.
of the Night: Steve Mason - Mason has had a pretty disappointing
season, but he had one heck of save here.
Hejda likely out the rest of the season – The Blue Jackets haven’t
had the best overall season, and now their best defenseman could be gone
for the year.
one wants to face Detroit in the first round – The Red Wings may
not be the most dominant team like they’ve been in the past, but I doubt
there are many teams looking to face them once the playoffs start.
comes out of nowhere…again – Lee Stempniak actually played well
enough to earn NHL star of the week honors. Imagine that.
Cooke wins the first-ever Bertuzzday award! – It wasn’t much of a
contest, as Cooke was deemed the most despicable player of last week.
Ducks have reason for optimism - The Ducks’ season may be over, but
here are some reasons to keep the chin up as the season comes to an
player Matt Fratin suspended one game - Not even the WCHA is immune
to dirty hits and controversial punishments.
Ovechkin’s ‘apology’ - Ovechkin apologizes, sort of.
for the next Betuzzday winner - Matt Cooke, meet Alex Ovechkin.
Downie fined $1,000 for Crosby slew-foot - I don’t think I will
ever understand the NHL’s punishment policy.
go for new look to bust out of slump – It didn’t help, in case you
Cheechoo: Searching for a new start – Four years ago he had 56
goals. Now he’s in the AHL.
Miller deserves MVP recognition - Forget Alex Ovechkin — although
he’s been great — my vote is for Miller.
turns to AHL goaltender for help? - With Huet down with the flu,
the Blackhawks recalled Corey Crawford. Maybe he can provide some hope.
dorm rooms to the NHL - Casey Wellman was a in college yesterday;
now he’s an NHL player.
Leighton leaves game with ankle sprain - Every Flyers can has to be
nervous as heck right now.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 10
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 22
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 23
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 11
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 76
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 24
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 57
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (76)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole