Mar 16, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the
day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting
the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
of the Night: Marty Brodeur! – Brodeur with a textbook pass up the
ice, and David Clarkson scores. Great play.
of the Night: Steve Mason – Mason has had a pretty disappointing
season, but he had one heck of save here.
Hejda likely out the rest of the season – The Blue Jackets haven’t
had the best overall season, and now their best defenseman could be gone
for the year.
one wants to face Detroit in the first round – The Red Wings may
not be the most dominant team like they’ve been in the past, but I doubt
there are many teams looking to face them once the playoffs start.
comes out of nowhere…again – Lee Stempniak actually played well
enough to earn NHL star of the week honors. Imagine that.
Cooke wins the first-ever Bertuzzday award! – It wasn’t much of a
contest, as Cooke was deemed the most despicable player of last week.
Ducks have reason for optimism – The Ducks’ season may be over, but
here are some reasons to keep the chin up as the season comes to an
player Matt Fratin suspended one game – Not even the WCHA is immune
to dirty hits and controversial punishments.
Ovechkin’s ‘apology’ – Ovechkin apologizes, sort of.
for the next Betuzzday winner – Matt Cooke, meet Alex Ovechkin.
Downie fined $1,000 for Crosby slew-foot – I don’t think I will
ever understand the NHL’s punishment policy.
go for new look to bust out of slump – It didn’t help, in case you
Cheechoo: Searching for a new start – Four years ago he had 56
goals. Now he’s in the AHL.
Miller deserves MVP recognition – Forget Alex Ovechkin — although
he’s been great — my vote is for Miller.
turns to AHL goaltender for help? – With Huet down with the flu,
the Blackhawks recalled Corey Crawford. Maybe he can provide some hope.
dorm rooms to the NHL – Casey Wellman was a in college yesterday;
now he’s an NHL player.
Leighton leaves game with ankle sprain – Every Flyers can has to be
nervous as heck right now.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5