Mar 16, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the
day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting
the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
of the Night: Marty Brodeur! – Brodeur with a textbook pass up the
ice, and David Clarkson scores. Great play.
of the Night: Steve Mason - Mason has had a pretty disappointing
season, but he had one heck of save here.
Hejda likely out the rest of the season – The Blue Jackets haven’t
had the best overall season, and now their best defenseman could be gone
for the year.
one wants to face Detroit in the first round – The Red Wings may
not be the most dominant team like they’ve been in the past, but I doubt
there are many teams looking to face them once the playoffs start.
comes out of nowhere…again – Lee Stempniak actually played well
enough to earn NHL star of the week honors. Imagine that.
Cooke wins the first-ever Bertuzzday award! – It wasn’t much of a
contest, as Cooke was deemed the most despicable player of last week.
Ducks have reason for optimism - The Ducks’ season may be over, but
here are some reasons to keep the chin up as the season comes to an
player Matt Fratin suspended one game - Not even the WCHA is immune
to dirty hits and controversial punishments.
Ovechkin’s ‘apology’ - Ovechkin apologizes, sort of.
for the next Betuzzday winner - Matt Cooke, meet Alex Ovechkin.
Downie fined $1,000 for Crosby slew-foot - I don’t think I will
ever understand the NHL’s punishment policy.
go for new look to bust out of slump – It didn’t help, in case you
Cheechoo: Searching for a new start – Four years ago he had 56
goals. Now he’s in the AHL.
Miller deserves MVP recognition - Forget Alex Ovechkin — although
he’s been great — my vote is for Miller.
turns to AHL goaltender for help? - With Huet down with the flu,
the Blackhawks recalled Corey Crawford. Maybe he can provide some hope.
dorm rooms to the NHL - Casey Wellman was a in college yesterday;
now he’s an NHL player.
Leighton leaves game with ankle sprain - Every Flyers can has to be
nervous as heck right now.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 46
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)