Mar 16, 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
For every penalty; turn, turn, turn….
For every injury; turn, turn, turn….
For every bad hit, the wheel of justice turns, turns,
It’s not everyday that I defend and then condemn
the same person within an hour. But here I am, doing just that. Thanks,
A day after the NHL suspended Alex Ovechkin two
games for his “push” of Brian Campbell, the league has handed down a
paltry $1,000 fine to Steve Downie for his take down of Sidney Crosby on
Sunday. Downie is a repeat offender, has a reputation for making dirty
plays and was basically given a slap on the wrist for a play that could
have just as dire consequences as Ovechkin’s.
Yet Sidney Crosby
wasn’t injured (although he was hurt momentarily), so I guess it’s just
not as bad. And I KNOW there will be the argument about the Matt Cooke hit and how he ended Marc Savard’s season. We all know there’s massive hypocrisy surrounding this entire situation. But until new rules are put into place, the NHL will continue to run circles around it’s own policies.
Obviously this is the NHL acting on it’s obvious bias
towards Alex Ovechkin, as well as the Tampa Bay Lighting.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 47
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39