Mar 16, 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
For every penalty; turn, turn, turn….
For every injury; turn, turn, turn….
For every bad hit, the wheel of justice turns, turns,
It’s not everyday that I defend and then condemn
the same person within an hour. But here I am, doing just that. Thanks,
A day after the NHL suspended Alex Ovechkin two
games for his “push” of Brian Campbell, the league has handed down a
paltry $1,000 fine to Steve Downie for his take down of Sidney Crosby on
Sunday. Downie is a repeat offender, has a reputation for making dirty
plays and was basically given a slap on the wrist for a play that could
have just as dire consequences as Ovechkin’s.
Yet Sidney Crosby
wasn’t injured (although he was hurt momentarily), so I guess it’s just
not as bad. And I KNOW there will be the argument about the Matt Cooke hit and how he ended Marc Savard’s season. We all know there’s massive hypocrisy surrounding this entire situation. But until new rules are put into place, the NHL will continue to run circles around it’s own policies.
Obviously this is the NHL acting on it’s obvious bias
towards Alex Ovechkin, as well as the Tampa Bay Lighting.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21