Mar 16, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
If it’s not working, might as well shake things up.
Senators, sinking and flailing in the midst of a post-Olympics slump,
will take on the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight with a bit of a new look
tonight. The changes were made a bit by necessity, but coach Cory
Clouston is hoping some different combinations on the lines will spark
what has been a very weak offensive attack.
Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports that defenseman Chris Campoli
and forward Nick Foligno will return to the lineup tonight after missing
significant time due to injury. Unfortunately the team will be without
Mike Fischer and Filip Kuba, who will sit out tonight due to injury. I
don’t normally do this, but here are the lines for tonight’s game.
Even without Mike Fischer, just adding Foligno in certainly seems
to make the Senators a bit more balanced offensively. Yet looking at
the roster as a whole, it’s tough to say to yourself “Gee, this is a
team that will be going far in the playoffs.” With Pascal Leclaire
falling apart nightly, Ottawa will go with Brian Elliot in net. Can the
Sens get back on track with this revamped — but not exactly scary –
I will say this. If they can’t do it against the Toronto
Maple Leafs, then perhaps all hope is lost.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39