Mar 16, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
If it’s not working, might as well shake things up.
Senators, sinking and flailing in the midst of a post-Olympics slump,
will take on the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight with a bit of a new look
tonight. The changes were made a bit by necessity, but coach Cory
Clouston is hoping some different combinations on the lines will spark
what has been a very weak offensive attack.
Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports that defenseman Chris Campoli
and forward Nick Foligno will return to the lineup tonight after missing
significant time due to injury. Unfortunately the team will be without
Mike Fischer and Filip Kuba, who will sit out tonight due to injury. I
don’t normally do this, but here are the lines for tonight’s game.
Even without Mike Fischer, just adding Foligno in certainly seems
to make the Senators a bit more balanced offensively. Yet looking at
the roster as a whole, it’s tough to say to yourself “Gee, this is a
team that will be going far in the playoffs.” With Pascal Leclaire
falling apart nightly, Ottawa will go with Brian Elliot in net. Can the
Sens get back on track with this revamped — but not exactly scary —
I will say this. If they can’t do it against the Toronto
Maple Leafs, then perhaps all hope is lost.
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 11
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 6
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29