Mar 16, 2010, 6:23 PM EDT
With no one else to turn to, the Chicago Blackhawks have recalled
goaltender Corey Crawford from the Rockford IceHogs, the team announced
today. It’s obvious at this point that Chicago’s goaltending issues have
a good chance of holding them back in the playoffs.
will get his shot with the Blackhawks, as he tries to prove that
perhaps he can at least hold the fort in net once the postseason begins.
that’s not it at all.
Cristobal Huet has come down with the flu,
and Crawford has been called up to provide backup support for Antti
Niemi until Huet is back on his feet.
But how great would it have
been if Chicago had just thrown their hands up in the air and decided to
give Crawford a shot. Anything at this point might work, right?
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 35
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)