Mar 16, 2010, 6:23 PM EST
With no one else to turn to, the Chicago Blackhawks have recalled
goaltender Corey Crawford from the Rockford IceHogs, the team announced
today. It’s obvious at this point that Chicago’s goaltending issues have
a good chance of holding them back in the playoffs.
will get his shot with the Blackhawks, as he tries to prove that
perhaps he can at least hold the fort in net once the postseason begins.
that’s not it at all.
Cristobal Huet has come down with the flu,
and Crawford has been called up to provide backup support for Antti
Niemi until Huet is back on his feet.
But how great would it have
been if Chicago had just thrown their hands up in the air and decided to
give Crawford a shot. Anything at this point might work, right?
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11