Mar 16, 2010, 6:23 PM EDT
With no one else to turn to, the Chicago Blackhawks have recalled
goaltender Corey Crawford from the Rockford IceHogs, the team announced
today. It’s obvious at this point that Chicago’s goaltending issues have
a good chance of holding them back in the playoffs.
will get his shot with the Blackhawks, as he tries to prove that
perhaps he can at least hold the fort in net once the postseason begins.
that’s not it at all.
Cristobal Huet has come down with the flu,
and Crawford has been called up to provide backup support for Antti
Niemi until Huet is back on his feet.
But how great would it have
been if Chicago had just thrown their hands up in the air and decided to
give Crawford a shot. Anything at this point might work, right?
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 16
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 90
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (90)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings strike back
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million