Mar 16, 2010, 6:23 PM EDT
With no one else to turn to, the Chicago Blackhawks have recalled
goaltender Corey Crawford from the Rockford IceHogs, the team announced
today. It’s obvious at this point that Chicago’s goaltending issues have
a good chance of holding them back in the playoffs.
will get his shot with the Blackhawks, as he tries to prove that
perhaps he can at least hold the fort in net once the postseason begins.
that’s not it at all.
Cristobal Huet has come down with the flu,
and Crawford has been called up to provide backup support for Antti
Niemi until Huet is back on his feet.
But how great would it have
been if Chicago had just thrown their hands up in the air and decided to
give Crawford a shot. Anything at this point might work, right?
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 57
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)