Mar 15, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
The night the Pens’ season almost died – Steve Downie’s slew foot of Sidney Crosby was bad, but it certainly could have been much worse. Crosby could have been seriously injured.
Ducks GM angry about Olympic effect on his team – Bob Murray blames the Olympics for the Ducks’ disappointing play.
Avery’s big night proves that Tortorella was right – Avery always seems to show up when he’s under the spotlight.
Panic setting in for the Senators? – Where there’s smoke, there’s fire …
Did Dubinsky break an unwritten rule of fighting? – You be the judge.
Ovechkin hearing in progress… – The saga continues.
Devils’ power play reason for concern – Well, it’s not like they hired Jacques Lemaire for offense.
Malkin day-to-day, x-ray negative – The Penguins narrowly avoid disaster.
NHL aims to implement new rule this season – Apparently we’ve finally hit the league’s magic number for PR nightmares.
Illegal is illegal, regardless of the injury – Great stuff from Brandon here.
Stars looking for answer in net – Good luck with that.
Waddell: no coaching change this season – The Thrashers might benefit from a GM change, now that you mention it.
Ovechkin suspended 2 games – Ovechkin? Never heard of that guy.
Helm angry about (another) blindside hit – Join the group, son.
DirecTV and Versus reunited – Sure, it took long enough, but it’s still good news.
Modano has emergency appendectomy – Can’t believe I spelled that surgery correctly on the first try. That’s a minor miracle.
Tonight’s games: Who’s next? – A preview of the night’s games.
Boudreau, Knuble talk about Ovechkin – Interesting stuff from those two.
Boston should make Rask their No.1 goalie – Tim Thomas isn’t getting it done.
Sharks keep starting slowly – San Jose can’t expect to live off of comebacks forever.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)