Mar 15, 2010, 11:30 PM EST
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
The night the Pens’ season almost died – Steve Downie’s slew foot of Sidney Crosby was bad, but it certainly could have been much worse. Crosby could have been seriously injured.
Ducks GM angry about Olympic effect on his team – Bob Murray blames the Olympics for the Ducks’ disappointing play.
Avery’s big night proves that Tortorella was right – Avery always seems to show up when he’s under the spotlight.
Panic setting in for the Senators? – Where there’s smoke, there’s fire …
Did Dubinsky break an unwritten rule of fighting? – You be the judge.
Ovechkin hearing in progress… – The saga continues.
Devils’ power play reason for concern – Well, it’s not like they hired Jacques Lemaire for offense.
Malkin day-to-day, x-ray negative – The Penguins narrowly avoid disaster.
NHL aims to implement new rule this season – Apparently we’ve finally hit the league’s magic number for PR nightmares.
Illegal is illegal, regardless of the injury – Great stuff from Brandon here.
Stars looking for answer in net – Good luck with that.
Waddell: no coaching change this season – The Thrashers might benefit from a GM change, now that you mention it.
Ovechkin suspended 2 games – Ovechkin? Never heard of that guy.
Helm angry about (another) blindside hit – Join the group, son.
DirecTV and Versus reunited – Sure, it took long enough, but it’s still good news.
Modano has emergency appendectomy – Can’t believe I spelled that surgery correctly on the first try. That’s a minor miracle.
Tonight’s games: Who’s next? – A preview of the night’s games.
Boudreau, Knuble talk about Ovechkin – Interesting stuff from those two.
Boston should make Rask their No.1 goalie – Tim Thomas isn’t getting it done.
Sharks keep starting slowly – San Jose can’t expect to live off of comebacks forever.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 4
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 16
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 59
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5