Mar 15, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
The night the Pens’ season almost died - Steve Downie’s slew foot of Sidney Crosby was bad, but it certainly could have been much worse. Crosby could have been seriously injured.
Ducks GM angry about Olympic effect on his team - Bob Murray blames the Olympics for the Ducks’ disappointing play.
Avery’s big night proves that Tortorella was right - Avery always seems to show up when he’s under the spotlight.
Panic setting in for the Senators? - Where there’s smoke, there’s fire …
Did Dubinsky break an unwritten rule of fighting? - You be the judge.
Ovechkin hearing in progress… – The saga continues.
Devils’ power play reason for concern - Well, it’s not like they hired Jacques Lemaire for offense.
Malkin day-to-day, x-ray negative - The Penguins narrowly avoid disaster.
NHL aims to implement new rule this season - Apparently we’ve finally hit the league’s magic number for PR nightmares.
Illegal is illegal, regardless of the injury - Great stuff from Brandon here.
Stars looking for answer in net - Good luck with that.
Waddell: no coaching change this season - The Thrashers might benefit from a GM change, now that you mention it.
Ovechkin suspended 2 games - Ovechkin? Never heard of that guy.
Helm angry about (another) blindside hit - Join the group, son.
DirecTV and Versus reunited - Sure, it took long enough, but it’s still good news.
Modano has emergency appendectomy - Can’t believe I spelled that surgery correctly on the first try. That’s a minor miracle.
Tonight’s games: Who’s next? - A preview of the night’s games.
Boudreau, Knuble talk about Ovechkin - Interesting stuff from those two.
Boston should make Rask their No.1 goalie - Tim Thomas isn’t getting it done.
Sharks keep starting slowly - San Jose can’t expect to live off of comebacks forever.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)