Mar 15, 2010, 11:30 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
The night the Pens’ season almost died – Steve Downie’s slew foot of Sidney Crosby was bad, but it certainly could have been much worse. Crosby could have been seriously injured.
Ducks GM angry about Olympic effect on his team – Bob Murray blames the Olympics for the Ducks’ disappointing play.
Avery’s big night proves that Tortorella was right – Avery always seems to show up when he’s under the spotlight.
Panic setting in for the Senators? – Where there’s smoke, there’s fire …
Did Dubinsky break an unwritten rule of fighting? – You be the judge.
Ovechkin hearing in progress… – The saga continues.
Devils’ power play reason for concern – Well, it’s not like they hired Jacques Lemaire for offense.
Malkin day-to-day, x-ray negative – The Penguins narrowly avoid disaster.
NHL aims to implement new rule this season – Apparently we’ve finally hit the league’s magic number for PR nightmares.
Illegal is illegal, regardless of the injury – Great stuff from Brandon here.
Stars looking for answer in net – Good luck with that.
Waddell: no coaching change this season – The Thrashers might benefit from a GM change, now that you mention it.
Ovechkin suspended 2 games – Ovechkin? Never heard of that guy.
Helm angry about (another) blindside hit – Join the group, son.
DirecTV and Versus reunited – Sure, it took long enough, but it’s still good news.
Modano has emergency appendectomy – Can’t believe I spelled that surgery correctly on the first try. That’s a minor miracle.
Tonight’s games: Who’s next? – A preview of the night’s games.
Boudreau, Knuble talk about Ovechkin – Interesting stuff from those two.
Boston should make Rask their No.1 goalie – Tim Thomas isn’t getting it done.
Sharks keep starting slowly – San Jose can’t expect to live off of comebacks forever.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)