Mar 15, 2010, 11:30 PM EST
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
The night the Pens’ season almost died – Steve Downie’s slew foot of Sidney Crosby was bad, but it certainly could have been much worse. Crosby could have been seriously injured.
Ducks GM angry about Olympic effect on his team – Bob Murray blames the Olympics for the Ducks’ disappointing play.
Avery’s big night proves that Tortorella was right – Avery always seems to show up when he’s under the spotlight.
Panic setting in for the Senators? – Where there’s smoke, there’s fire …
Did Dubinsky break an unwritten rule of fighting? – You be the judge.
Ovechkin hearing in progress… – The saga continues.
Devils’ power play reason for concern – Well, it’s not like they hired Jacques Lemaire for offense.
Malkin day-to-day, x-ray negative – The Penguins narrowly avoid disaster.
NHL aims to implement new rule this season – Apparently we’ve finally hit the league’s magic number for PR nightmares.
Illegal is illegal, regardless of the injury – Great stuff from Brandon here.
Stars looking for answer in net – Good luck with that.
Waddell: no coaching change this season – The Thrashers might benefit from a GM change, now that you mention it.
Ovechkin suspended 2 games – Ovechkin? Never heard of that guy.
Helm angry about (another) blindside hit – Join the group, son.
DirecTV and Versus reunited – Sure, it took long enough, but it’s still good news.
Modano has emergency appendectomy – Can’t believe I spelled that surgery correctly on the first try. That’s a minor miracle.
Tonight’s games: Who’s next? – A preview of the night’s games.
Boudreau, Knuble talk about Ovechkin – Interesting stuff from those two.
Boston should make Rask their No.1 goalie – Tim Thomas isn’t getting it done.
Sharks keep starting slowly – San Jose can’t expect to live off of comebacks forever.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8