Mar 15, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Colin Campbell certainly has been a busy man the last few weeks. As a matter of fact, the seemingly constant barrage of dirty/questionable/legal-but-reprehensible hits have kept us quite busy too. (It’s never a good sign when you’re perusing Web sites about neurosurgery.)
Anyway, it occurred to us that there have been so many posts regarding controversial hits that we might as well attempt to capture the highlights in one easy post.
Without further adieu, here is Pro Hockey Talk’s Colin Campbell Crisis Collection.
Nichol informs referee that he was right not to call a penalty.
Nichol speaks about the hit.
Lapierre receives four game suspension.
Even Cooke’s teammates disapprove of the hit.
Boston’s GM speaks about it.
Twitter reactions to non-suspension of Cooke.
Campbell announces non-suspension.
Outlook on Savard isn’t looking good.
Campbell puts his foot in his mouth.
Cooke hit center stage at GM meetings.
Bruins express their anger about the hit.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 16
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)