Mar 15, 2010, 6:17 PM EDT
Whatever they’re giving the hockey players in Friso, Texas is
apparently not very good for the appendix.
Just a month after
Steve Ott had to undergo and emergency appendectomy, Mike Modano has had
to have the same surgery. Per the Dallas Stars,
Modano had surgery today and will be out indefinitely.
we haven’t seen Modano’s last game in the NHL. Generally it takes 1-3
weeks to return from this surgery and there are just 14 games and four
weeks remaining in the season.
You have to think that Modano will do everything he possibly can to get at least one more game at home before the season is over. There’s no guarantee that he retires this summer, but that’s what it’s looking like could happen. He and the Stars fans deserve one more skate at home, however.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 6
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)