Mar 15, 2010, 6:17 PM EST
Whatever they’re giving the hockey players in Friso, Texas is
apparently not very good for the appendix.
Just a month after
Steve Ott had to undergo and emergency appendectomy, Mike Modano has had
to have the same surgery. Per the Dallas Stars,
Modano had surgery today and will be out indefinitely.
we haven’t seen Modano’s last game in the NHL. Generally it takes 1-3
weeks to return from this surgery and there are just 14 games and four
weeks remaining in the season.
You have to think that Modano will do everything he possibly can to get at least one more game at home before the season is over. There’s no guarantee that he retires this summer, but that’s what it’s looking like could happen. He and the Stars fans deserve one more skate at home, however.
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 0
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9