Mar 15, 2010, 6:17 PM EDT
Whatever they’re giving the hockey players in Friso, Texas is
apparently not very good for the appendix.
Just a month after
Steve Ott had to undergo and emergency appendectomy, Mike Modano has had
to have the same surgery. Per the Dallas Stars,
Modano had surgery today and will be out indefinitely.
we haven’t seen Modano’s last game in the NHL. Generally it takes 1-3
weeks to return from this surgery and there are just 14 games and four
weeks remaining in the season.
You have to think that Modano will do everything he possibly can to get at least one more game at home before the season is over. There’s no guarantee that he retires this summer, but that’s what it’s looking like could happen. He and the Stars fans deserve one more skate at home, however.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)