Mar 15, 2010, 6:17 PM EDT
Whatever they’re giving the hockey players in Friso, Texas is
apparently not very good for the appendix.
Just a month after
Steve Ott had to undergo and emergency appendectomy, Mike Modano has had
to have the same surgery. Per the Dallas Stars,
Modano had surgery today and will be out indefinitely.
we haven’t seen Modano’s last game in the NHL. Generally it takes 1-3
weeks to return from this surgery and there are just 14 games and four
weeks remaining in the season.
You have to think that Modano will do everything he possibly can to get at least one more game at home before the season is over. There’s no guarantee that he retires this summer, but that’s what it’s looking like could happen. He and the Stars fans deserve one more skate at home, however.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 41
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 16
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead