Mar 15, 2010, 6:17 PM EST
Whatever they’re giving the hockey players in Friso, Texas is
apparently not very good for the appendix.
Just a month after
Steve Ott had to undergo and emergency appendectomy, Mike Modano has had
to have the same surgery. Per the Dallas Stars,
Modano had surgery today and will be out indefinitely.
we haven’t seen Modano’s last game in the NHL. Generally it takes 1-3
weeks to return from this surgery and there are just 14 games and four
weeks remaining in the season.
You have to think that Modano will do everything he possibly can to get at least one more game at home before the season is over. There’s no guarantee that he retires this summer, but that’s what it’s looking like could happen. He and the Stars fans deserve one more skate at home, however.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)