Mar 15, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
Everyone can rest easy now. Evgeni Malkin’s x-ray came back negative,
and he is now listed as day-to-day.
From the Pittsburgh Penguins:
received good news on Monday in regards to the recent
injury to star forward Evgeni Malkin.
The defending Art Ross and Conn Smythe champion suffered an undisclosed
injury after being hit with a shot in Pittsburgh’s 2-1 victory at Tampa
Bay Sunday evening.
Though the injury could have been more severe, x-ray results showed
nothing was broken, and Malkin is being listed as day-to-day by the
That woosh of air you just felt was the
collective sigh of all Penguins fans.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 14
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 29
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)