Mar 15, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
Everyone can rest easy now. Evgeni Malkin’s x-ray came back negative,
and he is now listed as day-to-day.
From the Pittsburgh Penguins:
received good news on Monday in regards to the recent
injury to star forward Evgeni Malkin.
The defending Art Ross and Conn Smythe champion suffered an undisclosed
injury after being hit with a shot in Pittsburgh’s 2-1 victory at Tampa
Bay Sunday evening.
Though the injury could have been more severe, x-ray results showed
nothing was broken, and Malkin is being listed as day-to-day by the
That woosh of air you just felt was the
collective sigh of all Penguins fans.
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 9
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 5
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 40
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)