Mar 15, 2010, 1:13 PM EST
Everyone can rest easy now. Evgeni Malkin’s x-ray came back negative,
and he is now listed as day-to-day.
From the Pittsburgh Penguins:
received good news on Monday in regards to the recent
injury to star forward Evgeni Malkin.
The defending Art Ross and Conn Smythe champion suffered an undisclosed
injury after being hit with a shot in Pittsburgh’s 2-1 victory at Tampa
Bay Sunday evening.
Though the injury could have been more severe, x-ray results showed
nothing was broken, and Malkin is being listed as day-to-day by the
That woosh of air you just felt was the
collective sigh of all Penguins fans.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 49
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 50
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)