Mar 15, 2010, 1:13 PM EST
Everyone can rest easy now. Evgeni Malkin’s x-ray came back negative,
and he is now listed as day-to-day.
From the Pittsburgh Penguins:
received good news on Monday in regards to the recent
injury to star forward Evgeni Malkin.
The defending Art Ross and Conn Smythe champion suffered an undisclosed
injury after being hit with a shot in Pittsburgh’s 2-1 victory at Tampa
Bay Sunday evening.
Though the injury could have been more severe, x-ray results showed
nothing was broken, and Malkin is being listed as day-to-day by the
That woosh of air you just felt was the
collective sigh of all Penguins fans.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)