Mar 15, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
Everyone can rest easy now. Evgeni Malkin’s x-ray came back negative,
and he is now listed as day-to-day.
From the Pittsburgh Penguins:
received good news on Monday in regards to the recent
injury to star forward Evgeni Malkin.
The defending Art Ross and Conn Smythe champion suffered an undisclosed
injury after being hit with a shot in Pittsburgh’s 2-1 victory at Tampa
Bay Sunday evening.
Though the injury could have been more severe, x-ray results showed
nothing was broken, and Malkin is being listed as day-to-day by the
That woosh of air you just felt was the
collective sigh of all Penguins fans.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 3
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 18
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)