Mar 14, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
People complain that the Norris trophy only goes to high scoring defensemen, but usually that player needs to at least be somewhat responsible in his own zone. Mike and Pierre discussed their favorite “rushing” defensemen this afternoon.
That offensive defensemen discussion got me thinking about which players I’d want leading my team’s rush or running the point on the powerplay. Some of the names that popped into my head were Mike Green, Drew Doughty, Sergei Gonchar, Dan Boyle, Shea Weber, Nicklas Lidstrom and even that loathsome brute Chris Pronger. So with that in mind, I thought I’d put up this poll. Keep in mind, the goal isn’t to determine who is the best “overall” defenseman. I’m talking about all-out offense. The guy can be proficient in his own end, mind you, but I’m more interested in finding out who’s the best at pucking the puck in opposing nets.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22