Mar 14, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
People complain that the Norris trophy only goes to high scoring defensemen, but usually that player needs to at least be somewhat responsible in his own zone. Mike and Pierre discussed their favorite “rushing” defensemen this afternoon.
That offensive defensemen discussion got me thinking about which players I’d want leading my team’s rush or running the point on the powerplay. Some of the names that popped into my head were Mike Green, Drew Doughty, Sergei Gonchar, Dan Boyle, Shea Weber, Nicklas Lidstrom and even that loathsome brute Chris Pronger. So with that in mind, I thought I’d put up this poll. Keep in mind, the goal isn’t to determine who is the best “overall” defenseman. I’m talking about all-out offense. The guy can be proficient in his own end, mind you, but I’m more interested in finding out who’s the best at pucking the puck in opposing nets.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22