Mar 14, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
People complain that the Norris trophy only goes to high scoring defensemen, but usually that player needs to at least be somewhat responsible in his own zone. Mike and Pierre discussed their favorite “rushing” defensemen this afternoon.
That offensive defensemen discussion got me thinking about which players I’d want leading my team’s rush or running the point on the powerplay. Some of the names that popped into my head were Mike Green, Drew Doughty, Sergei Gonchar, Dan Boyle, Shea Weber, Nicklas Lidstrom and even that loathsome brute Chris Pronger. So with that in mind, I thought I’d put up this poll. Keep in mind, the goal isn’t to determine who is the best “overall” defenseman. I’m talking about all-out offense. The guy can be proficient in his own end, mind you, but I’m more interested in finding out who’s the best at pucking the puck in opposing nets.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 2
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 11
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13