Mar 14, 2010, 6:40 PM EST
Regardless of whether you look at Alex Ovechkin’s hit on Brian Campbell as dirty, clean or somewhere in between, there’s no question that the redheaded defenseman crashed into the boards in a violent way. One has to wonder how much time the expensive but talented player will miss. Apparently he’ll be sidelined for at least three games, according to ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers.
Coach Joel Quenneville couldn’t say for sure that the injury would not affect him the rest of the season.
“We’ll see. We’ll get a better assessment as we go along here,” Quenneville said. “Soupy [Campbell] is going to be out for a bit here…It was a tough hit. A dangerous hit.”
While I’ve been critical of Campbell’s annual $7.1 million cap hit, it’s not his fault that the Blackhawks made such an excessive offer. He’s still a good – just not a great – player, with 38 points this season and an average of 23 minutes on ice per game. Let’s hope he gets healthy soon.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)