Mar 14, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
The jokes about the Chicago Blackhawks last giving up a three goal lead … yesterday seem quite justified right now.
After being robbed by Antti Niemi during a 5-on-3 PP, Nicklas Backstrom banged home a goal during the closing moments of the Capitals’ remaining one man advantage to make the game 5-2.
Moments later, Eric Fehr scored on a rattled Chicago squad to tie the game 3-3. Like I said, a three goal lead is no longer safe in the post-lockout NHL. Especially against the Washington Capitals.
Perhaps Cristobal Huet isn’t the only problem for the Blackhawks.
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 43
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld