Mar 14, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
The jokes about the Chicago Blackhawks last giving up a three goal lead … yesterday seem quite justified right now.
After being robbed by Antti Niemi during a 5-on-3 PP, Nicklas Backstrom banged home a goal during the closing moments of the Capitals’ remaining one man advantage to make the game 5-2.
Moments later, Eric Fehr scored on a rattled Chicago squad to tie the game 3-3. Like I said, a three goal lead is no longer safe in the post-lockout NHL. Especially against the Washington Capitals.
Perhaps Cristobal Huet isn’t the only problem for the Blackhawks.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld