Mar 13, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Like I wrote in the hits post, last night’s best video highlights were all a bit strange. To counter the “blooper reel” nature of the hits, let’s take a look at one goal and two saves that are examples of flinching gone right.
First, we have New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist bailing his team out after a bad turnover by avoiding being handcuffed with this blocker save.
Next, Jonas Hiller also shows good reflexes when he makes a nice shoulder save against the Nashville Predators. Hiller would end up being upstaged in this one, though, as the Predators won 1-0. This might be the “prettier” of the two saves but perhaps you’ll notice a trend forming here.
Not to give the goalies all the twitchy glory, Vincent Lecavalier scores this strange goal off of his elbow. Lundqvist and Hiller can claim that their saves were at least half-conscious efforts, but Vinny probably would have to admit that his goal was primarily based on luck. Check out this odd little video.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)