Mar 13, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Like I wrote in the hits post, last night’s best video highlights were all a bit strange. To counter the “blooper reel” nature of the hits, let’s take a look at one goal and two saves that are examples of flinching gone right.
First, we have New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist bailing his team out after a bad turnover by avoiding being handcuffed with this blocker save.
Next, Jonas Hiller also shows good reflexes when he makes a nice shoulder save against the Nashville Predators. Hiller would end up being upstaged in this one, though, as the Predators won 1-0. This might be the “prettier” of the two saves but perhaps you’ll notice a trend forming here.
Not to give the goalies all the twitchy glory, Vincent Lecavalier scores this strange goal off of his elbow. Lundqvist and Hiller can claim that their saves were at least half-conscious efforts, but Vinny probably would have to admit that his goal was primarily based on luck. Check out this odd little video.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)