Mar 13, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Like I wrote in the hits post, last night’s best video highlights were all a bit strange. To counter the “blooper reel” nature of the hits, let’s take a look at one goal and two saves that are examples of flinching gone right.
First, we have New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist bailing his team out after a bad turnover by avoiding being handcuffed with this blocker save.
Next, Jonas Hiller also shows good reflexes when he makes a nice shoulder save against the Nashville Predators. Hiller would end up being upstaged in this one, though, as the Predators won 1-0. This might be the “prettier” of the two saves but perhaps you’ll notice a trend forming here.
Not to give the goalies all the twitchy glory, Vincent Lecavalier scores this strange goal off of his elbow. Lundqvist and Hiller can claim that their saves were at least half-conscious efforts, but Vinny probably would have to admit that his goal was primarily based on luck. Check out this odd little video.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)