Mar 13, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Like I wrote in the hits post, last night’s best video highlights were all a bit strange. To counter the “blooper reel” nature of the hits, let’s take a look at one goal and two saves that are examples of flinching gone right.
First, we have New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist bailing his team out after a bad turnover by avoiding being handcuffed with this blocker save.
Next, Jonas Hiller also shows good reflexes when he makes a nice shoulder save against the Nashville Predators. Hiller would end up being upstaged in this one, though, as the Predators won 1-0. This might be the “prettier” of the two saves but perhaps you’ll notice a trend forming here.
Not to give the goalies all the twitchy glory, Vincent Lecavalier scores this strange goal off of his elbow. Lundqvist and Hiller can claim that their saves were at least half-conscious efforts, but Vinny probably would have to admit that his goal was primarily based on luck. Check out this odd little video.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)