Mar 13, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Like I wrote in the hits post, last night’s best video highlights were all a bit strange. To counter the “blooper reel” nature of the hits, let’s take a look at one goal and two saves that are examples of flinching gone right.
First, we have New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist bailing his team out after a bad turnover by avoiding being handcuffed with this blocker save.
Next, Jonas Hiller also shows good reflexes when he makes a nice shoulder save against the Nashville Predators. Hiller would end up being upstaged in this one, though, as the Predators won 1-0. This might be the “prettier” of the two saves but perhaps you’ll notice a trend forming here.
Not to give the goalies all the twitchy glory, Vincent Lecavalier scores this strange goal off of his elbow. Lundqvist and Hiller can claim that their saves were at least half-conscious efforts, but Vinny probably would have to admit that his goal was primarily based on luck. Check out this odd little video.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)