Mar 13, 2010, 11:10 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this here blog each day, and we understand
it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
highlights that justify flinching – We look at the highlights from
to Rink: Reviewing Friday’s games – Recapping all the games from
off the foil: Chiefs set to relocate – The Johnstown Chiefs are on
the moving to South Carolina. Slapshot fans everywhere shed a
surgery will end Weight’s season – Doug Weight’s season is over,
and it’s possible his career might be as well.
wins longest game in college hockey history – A college game went
150 minutes and 22 seconds before a winner was decided. And then they
played tonight as well.
share memories from 14-game trip – Vancouver just finished an
absurdly long road trip; here are some of the behind the scenes
Nichol speaks with referee Chris Lee – Scott Nichol had a lengthy
chat with referee Chris Lee, but insists it was strictly professional.
quest to find NHL’s ‘Mr. Intangible‘ – Here are some more
interesting stats to rank the best and worst players in the NHL.
anthem debate: Is yelling “Stars” worse? – Everyone is a debating
the Chicago anthem; what about Dallas’?
forget about the Phoenix Coyotes – The Coyotes are a team to watch
out for once the playoffs begin.
goal adds to Blackhawks’ frustration – The Blackhawks lost another
game where their offense failed to save them. Imagine that.
Jaromir Jagr be headed to Edmonton? – Is it even a smart move for
the Oilers to consider Jagr?
all blame the Olympics for the Ducks’ slump – Ryan Getzlaf is not
playing all that well since coming back from Vancouver.
bounces: The Thrashers’ pre-game routines – The Thrashers share
their — rather tame — pre-game routines.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)