Mar 13, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Every once in a while, we’ll come across stories that are
too strange to pass up. Sometimes we’ll get a tip from an e-mail;
sometimes will stumble across something bizarre on a hockey site. Either
way, this might not be the most “pertinent” information but it
certainly will be strange, funny or a bit “off.”
Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution talked to some of the
Atlanta Thrashers about their ‘odd’ rituals before games. Here’s a few:
Hedberg warms up before games the exact same way each time, with Slava
Koslov taking shots at his glove and then his blocker side.
Quote: “I’ve tried to take away every superstition I’ve had.
There are times when some things start creeping in on me again, but I
stop doing them. I don’t want to have stupid habits.”
Kozlov laces his right skate first before each practice.
Before a game, he laces his left skate first.
Quote: “Sometimes I don’t even pay attention, and that’s how I
do it. It comes from the memory.”
He has some others, from Chris Thorburn, Maxim Afinogenov and John
Anderson. They’re all pretty vanilla “this is how I warm up each night”
type stuff. It’s always interesting to read about the players’ routines,
but I’d like to hear about some of the more…juicy stuff.
Actually, after I think about it I’d rather not hear about anyone’s
tradition when it comes to their jock strap or their skate lining.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5