Mar 13, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Every once in a while, we’ll come across stories that are
too strange to pass up. Sometimes we’ll get a tip from an e-mail;
sometimes will stumble across something bizarre on a hockey site. Either
way, this might not be the most “pertinent” information but it
certainly will be strange, funny or a bit “off.”
Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution talked to some of the
Atlanta Thrashers about their ‘odd’ rituals before games. Here’s a few:
Hedberg warms up before games the exact same way each time, with Slava
Koslov taking shots at his glove and then his blocker side.
Quote: “I’ve tried to take away every superstition I’ve had.
There are times when some things start creeping in on me again, but I
stop doing them. I don’t want to have stupid habits.”
Kozlov laces his right skate first before each practice.
Before a game, he laces his left skate first.
Quote: “Sometimes I don’t even pay attention, and that’s how I
do it. It comes from the memory.”
He has some others, from Chris Thorburn, Maxim Afinogenov and John
Anderson. They’re all pretty vanilla “this is how I warm up each night”
type stuff. It’s always interesting to read about the players’ routines,
but I’d like to hear about some of the more…juicy stuff.
Actually, after I think about it I’d rather not hear about anyone’s
tradition when it comes to their jock strap or their skate lining.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 9
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)