Mar 13, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
Most of tonight’s highlights were seemingly of the “blooper” variety. Usually it’s best to highlight feats of unparalleled athleticism, but sometimes it’s simply more appropriate to focus on odd moments.
For the most entertaining hits of the night, I felt the need to choose two. First up, we have proof that despite being one of the league’s hits leaders, Cal Clutterbuck isn’t always on the victorious side. Actually, last night he had two consecutive moments he’d like to forget.
Then we have an unusual sight: Jamie Langenbrunner ends up getting stuck in the Pittsburgh bench when he interrupts Chris Kunitz on a line change. It’s interesting to watch Penguins coach Dan Bylsma seemingly single out Evgeni Malkin for protection. Seriously, this is pretty weird.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)