Mar 12, 2010, 6:35 PM EDT
Perhaps professional knucklehead Daniel Carcillo was pouting earlier this week when fellow pest Matt Cooke was marinating in negative attention. Carcillo received a game misconduct for shoving referee Greg Devorski (something Brandon discussed earlier) but TSN reports that the sour forward will not receive a suspension.
CSN Philly.com printed this e-mail sent by Colin Campbell.
“I have spoken to Stephen Walkom about the play,” said Colin Campbell, the NHL’s Lord of Discipline in an e-mail to CSNPhilly.com.
“And IF Greg Devorski, who was the linesman with Carcillo, decided Carcillo needed discipline, they could apply three, 10 or 20 games themselves under Rule 41, Abuse of Officials. They decided not to and I am fine with their decision.”
So, let’s review the always-consistent Campbell’s policies. You will almost get blacklisted from the NHL (and suspended 6 games) if you make an immature sex joke. So instead, why don’t you just disrespect officials or take advantage of defenseless opponents?
Anyone else getting a headache trying to make sense of these decisions?
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)