Mar 12, 2010, 6:35 PM EDT
Perhaps professional knucklehead Daniel Carcillo was pouting earlier this week when fellow pest Matt Cooke was marinating in negative attention. Carcillo received a game misconduct for shoving referee Greg Devorski (something Brandon discussed earlier) but TSN reports that the sour forward will not receive a suspension.
CSN Philly.com printed this e-mail sent by Colin Campbell.
“I have spoken to Stephen Walkom about the play,” said Colin Campbell, the NHL’s Lord of Discipline in an e-mail to CSNPhilly.com.
“And IF Greg Devorski, who was the linesman with Carcillo, decided Carcillo needed discipline, they could apply three, 10 or 20 games themselves under Rule 41, Abuse of Officials. They decided not to and I am fine with their decision.”
So, let’s review the always-consistent Campbell’s policies. You will almost get blacklisted from the NHL (and suspended 6 games) if you make an immature sex joke. So instead, why don’t you just disrespect officials or take advantage of defenseless opponents?
Anyone else getting a headache trying to make sense of these decisions?
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)