Mar 12, 2010, 6:35 PM EDT
Perhaps professional knucklehead Daniel Carcillo was pouting earlier this week when fellow pest Matt Cooke was marinating in negative attention. Carcillo received a game misconduct for shoving referee Greg Devorski (something Brandon discussed earlier) but TSN reports that the sour forward will not receive a suspension.
CSN Philly.com printed this e-mail sent by Colin Campbell.
“I have spoken to Stephen Walkom about the play,” said Colin Campbell, the NHL’s Lord of Discipline in an e-mail to CSNPhilly.com.
“And IF Greg Devorski, who was the linesman with Carcillo, decided Carcillo needed discipline, they could apply three, 10 or 20 games themselves under Rule 41, Abuse of Officials. They decided not to and I am fine with their decision.”
So, let’s review the always-consistent Campbell’s policies. You will almost get blacklisted from the NHL (and suspended 6 games) if you make an immature sex joke. So instead, why don’t you just disrespect officials or take advantage of defenseless opponents?
Anyone else getting a headache trying to make sense of these decisions?
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)