Mar 12, 2010, 6:35 PM EDT
Perhaps professional knucklehead Daniel Carcillo was pouting earlier this week when fellow pest Matt Cooke was marinating in negative attention. Carcillo received a game misconduct for shoving referee Greg Devorski (something Brandon discussed earlier) but TSN reports that the sour forward will not receive a suspension.
CSN Philly.com printed this e-mail sent by Colin Campbell.
“I have spoken to Stephen Walkom about the play,” said Colin Campbell, the NHL’s Lord of Discipline in an e-mail to CSNPhilly.com.
“And IF Greg Devorski, who was the linesman with Carcillo, decided Carcillo needed discipline, they could apply three, 10 or 20 games themselves under Rule 41, Abuse of Officials. They decided not to and I am fine with their decision.”
So, let’s review the always-consistent Campbell’s policies. You will almost get blacklisted from the NHL (and suspended 6 games) if you make an immature sex joke. So instead, why don’t you just disrespect officials or take advantage of defenseless opponents?
Anyone else getting a headache trying to make sense of these decisions?
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)