Mar 12, 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
During last night’s game between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Boston Bruins, there were a number of heated scrums — shocking I know. Of course, Daniel Carcillo was in the middle of one, but he may get himself into some hot water with the NHL after he went just a bit too far.
When one of the linesmen tried to push and skate Carcillo away from the pile, he swatted the official’s hand away and then pushed the linesman back, while trying to get back into the fray. It was a very fast, and seemingly innocuous incident, but you have to think the league is going to come down on Carcillo for overstepping the boundaries with the officials.
I know we all complain about the officiating as much as we possibly can, but there’s no doubt that Carcillo went too far. The referees and linesmen are there to try and keep order, and most of the time find themselves in some dangerous situations while trying to separate some very large and angry hockey players. I’m actually surprised this doesn’t happen more often, but the fact it doesn’t make Carcillo’s actions a bit shocking.
What say you? Did Carcillo go too far?
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54