Mar 12, 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
During last night’s game between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Boston Bruins, there were a number of heated scrums — shocking I know. Of course, Daniel Carcillo was in the middle of one, but he may get himself into some hot water with the NHL after he went just a bit too far.
When one of the linesmen tried to push and skate Carcillo away from the pile, he swatted the official’s hand away and then pushed the linesman back, while trying to get back into the fray. It was a very fast, and seemingly innocuous incident, but you have to think the league is going to come down on Carcillo for overstepping the boundaries with the officials.
I know we all complain about the officiating as much as we possibly can, but there’s no doubt that Carcillo went too far. The referees and linesmen are there to try and keep order, and most of the time find themselves in some dangerous situations while trying to separate some very large and angry hockey players. I’m actually surprised this doesn’t happen more often, but the fact it doesn’t make Carcillo’s actions a bit shocking.
What say you? Did Carcillo go too far?
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 30
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 14
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54