Mar 12, 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
During last night’s game between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Boston Bruins, there were a number of heated scrums — shocking I know. Of course, Daniel Carcillo was in the middle of one, but he may get himself into some hot water with the NHL after he went just a bit too far.
When one of the linesmen tried to push and skate Carcillo away from the pile, he swatted the official’s hand away and then pushed the linesman back, while trying to get back into the fray. It was a very fast, and seemingly innocuous incident, but you have to think the league is going to come down on Carcillo for overstepping the boundaries with the officials.
I know we all complain about the officiating as much as we possibly can, but there’s no doubt that Carcillo went too far. The referees and linesmen are there to try and keep order, and most of the time find themselves in some dangerous situations while trying to separate some very large and angry hockey players. I’m actually surprised this doesn’t happen more often, but the fact it doesn’t make Carcillo’s actions a bit shocking.
What say you? Did Carcillo go too far?
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)