Mar 12, 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
During last night’s game between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Boston Bruins, there were a number of heated scrums — shocking I know. Of course, Daniel Carcillo was in the middle of one, but he may get himself into some hot water with the NHL after he went just a bit too far.
When one of the linesmen tried to push and skate Carcillo away from the pile, he swatted the official’s hand away and then pushed the linesman back, while trying to get back into the fray. It was a very fast, and seemingly innocuous incident, but you have to think the league is going to come down on Carcillo for overstepping the boundaries with the officials.
I know we all complain about the officiating as much as we possibly can, but there’s no doubt that Carcillo went too far. The referees and linesmen are there to try and keep order, and most of the time find themselves in some dangerous situations while trying to separate some very large and angry hockey players. I’m actually surprised this doesn’t happen more often, but the fact it doesn’t make Carcillo’s actions a bit shocking.
What say you? Did Carcillo go too far?
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)