Mar 12, 2010, 9:11 AM EST
During last night’s game between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Boston Bruins, there were a number of heated scrums — shocking I know. Of course, Daniel Carcillo was in the middle of one, but he may get himself into some hot water with the NHL after he went just a bit too far.
When one of the linesmen tried to push and skate Carcillo away from the pile, he swatted the official’s hand away and then pushed the linesman back, while trying to get back into the fray. It was a very fast, and seemingly innocuous incident, but you have to think the league is going to come down on Carcillo for overstepping the boundaries with the officials.
I know we all complain about the officiating as much as we possibly can, but there’s no doubt that Carcillo went too far. The referees and linesmen are there to try and keep order, and most of the time find themselves in some dangerous situations while trying to separate some very large and angry hockey players. I’m actually surprised this doesn’t happen more often, but the fact it doesn’t make Carcillo’s actions a bit shocking.
What say you? Did Carcillo go too far?
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)