Mar 11, 2010, 7:50 PM EST
Before the insanity surrounding the Matt Cooke hit began, the focus had been on Maxim Lapierre’s hit on Scott Nichol. Lapierre was suspending four games for the late hit, but a lot of the focus was on how there wasn’t a penalty called on the original play despite referee Chris Lee being about 3 feet away and looking right at them.
Tonight, Scott Nichol returns after missing the past week with a shoulder injury, and in his first game back Chris Lee will be officiating the game.
Don’t expect any hard feelings from Nichol towards Lee however.
“Probably not,” Nichol said, laughing, when someone brought that up
after the morning skate. “Everybody makes mistakes. It was funny, it was
a quick play and even guys on our team didn’t see it. I’m just glad I’m
back. One game was enough.”
It’s an odd thing to have a player hurt in such a play have such a positive outlook, but Nichol is harbors no bad feelings at all it seems. He acknowledges it was a careless play, but he also feels it was just the nature of what happens every now and then in the NHL.
It’s refreshing to see a player not seeking vindication, but I’d like Nichol to at least go up to Chris Lee ask just what the heck he saw that led him to not call a penalty.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)