Mar 11, 2010, 5:33 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick will probably miss tomorrow’s game against the Dallas Stars due to “the birth of his child.” Word is that he will also be day-to-day with a nagging lack of sleep. This is one of the rare times when I can’t say “rub some dirt on it” when a player misses a game.
Here’s a snippet of the AP report.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick has left Los Angeles’ road trip for the birth of his first child.
Quick is the NHL leader with 37 victories this season. He returned to Los Angeles on Thursday, and he’s likely to miss the Kings’ game against the Dallas Stars on Friday night.
Los Angeles recalled goalie Jonathan Bernier from their AHL affiliate in Manchester to suit up alongside backup Erik Ersberg.
It’s been an excellent year for the league’s “fifth most consistent goalie” even if his individual numbers are far from stellar. He’s currently leading the NHL with 37 wins and seems primed to lead the Kings to their first playoff berth since the 2001-02 season.
Every once in a while, an athlete will really struggle with the life altering effects of having children. Let’s hope that Quick doesn’t have a Tracy McGrady-like attachment to sleep, for the sake of tortured Kings fans everywhere.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)