Mar 11, 2010, 5:33 PM EST
Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick will probably miss tomorrow’s game against the Dallas Stars due to “the birth of his child.” Word is that he will also be day-to-day with a nagging lack of sleep. This is one of the rare times when I can’t say “rub some dirt on it” when a player misses a game.
Here’s a snippet of the AP report.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick has left Los Angeles’ road trip for the birth of his first child.
Quick is the NHL leader with 37 victories this season. He returned to Los Angeles on Thursday, and he’s likely to miss the Kings’ game against the Dallas Stars on Friday night.
Los Angeles recalled goalie Jonathan Bernier from their AHL affiliate in Manchester to suit up alongside backup Erik Ersberg.
It’s been an excellent year for the league’s “fifth most consistent goalie” even if his individual numbers are far from stellar. He’s currently leading the NHL with 37 wins and seems primed to lead the Kings to their first playoff berth since the 2001-02 season.
Every once in a while, an athlete will really struggle with the life altering effects of having children. Let’s hope that Quick doesn’t have a Tracy McGrady-like attachment to sleep, for the sake of tortured Kings fans everywhere.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46