Mar 11, 2010, 5:33 PM EST
Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick will probably miss tomorrow’s game against the Dallas Stars due to “the birth of his child.” Word is that he will also be day-to-day with a nagging lack of sleep. This is one of the rare times when I can’t say “rub some dirt on it” when a player misses a game.
Here’s a snippet of the AP report.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick has left Los Angeles’ road trip for the birth of his first child.
Quick is the NHL leader with 37 victories this season. He returned to Los Angeles on Thursday, and he’s likely to miss the Kings’ game against the Dallas Stars on Friday night.
Los Angeles recalled goalie Jonathan Bernier from their AHL affiliate in Manchester to suit up alongside backup Erik Ersberg.
It’s been an excellent year for the league’s “fifth most consistent goalie” even if his individual numbers are far from stellar. He’s currently leading the NHL with 37 wins and seems primed to lead the Kings to their first playoff berth since the 2001-02 season.
Every once in a while, an athlete will really struggle with the life altering effects of having children. Let’s hope that Quick doesn’t have a Tracy McGrady-like attachment to sleep, for the sake of tortured Kings fans everywhere.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 1
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 12
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 9
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)