Mar 11, 2010, 5:33 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick will probably miss tomorrow’s game against the Dallas Stars due to “the birth of his child.” Word is that he will also be day-to-day with a nagging lack of sleep. This is one of the rare times when I can’t say “rub some dirt on it” when a player misses a game.
Here’s a snippet of the AP report.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick has left Los Angeles’ road trip for the birth of his first child.
Quick is the NHL leader with 37 victories this season. He returned to Los Angeles on Thursday, and he’s likely to miss the Kings’ game against the Dallas Stars on Friday night.
Los Angeles recalled goalie Jonathan Bernier from their AHL affiliate in Manchester to suit up alongside backup Erik Ersberg.
It’s been an excellent year for the league’s “fifth most consistent goalie” even if his individual numbers are far from stellar. He’s currently leading the NHL with 37 wins and seems primed to lead the Kings to their first playoff berth since the 2001-02 season.
Every once in a while, an athlete will really struggle with the life altering effects of having children. Let’s hope that Quick doesn’t have a Tracy McGrady-like attachment to sleep, for the sake of tortured Kings fans everywhere.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63