Mar 11, 2010, 5:33 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick will probably miss tomorrow’s game against the Dallas Stars due to “the birth of his child.” Word is that he will also be day-to-day with a nagging lack of sleep. This is one of the rare times when I can’t say “rub some dirt on it” when a player misses a game.
Here’s a snippet of the AP report.
Kings goalie Jonathan Quick has left Los Angeles’ road trip for the birth of his first child.
Quick is the NHL leader with 37 victories this season. He returned to Los Angeles on Thursday, and he’s likely to miss the Kings’ game against the Dallas Stars on Friday night.
Los Angeles recalled goalie Jonathan Bernier from their AHL affiliate in Manchester to suit up alongside backup Erik Ersberg.
It’s been an excellent year for the league’s “fifth most consistent goalie” even if his individual numbers are far from stellar. He’s currently leading the NHL with 37 wins and seems primed to lead the Kings to their first playoff berth since the 2001-02 season.
Every once in a while, an athlete will really struggle with the life altering effects of having children. Let’s hope that Quick doesn’t have a Tracy McGrady-like attachment to sleep, for the sake of tortured Kings fans everywhere.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)