Mar 11, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at some of the injury report news from around the NHL.
- Zdeno Chara is a game-time decision for tonight’s match up against the Philadelphia Flyers. The Boston Globe reports that the tree-sized* defenseman has been dealing with soreness in his “lower body.” (I wish I could be that vague when I call in sick to work. “Yeah, I’m dealing with some general torso discomfort.”)
- One Penguin is expected to come back into Pittsburgh’s lineup while one is going to miss some time. Bill Guerin “pronounced himself ready to play” against the Hurricanes tonight after missing three games with back spasms. Tyler Kennedy will miss at least tonight and tomorrow’s games with a nagging groin (those things really do get on you if you don’t take out the garbage – wait, what?).
- New York Islanders forward Rob Schremp might need to have surgery on his knee. New York Newsday reports that the Schremp (just short enough that an inevitable “shrimp” nickname works) was hobbling around on crutches. His season will probably be over if he does undergo surgery.
(H/T to Rotoworld.com)
* – slight exaggeration.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld