Mar 11, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at some of the injury report news from around the NHL.
- Zdeno Chara is a game-time decision for tonight’s match up against the Philadelphia Flyers. The Boston Globe reports that the tree-sized* defenseman has been dealing with soreness in his “lower body.” (I wish I could be that vague when I call in sick to work. “Yeah, I’m dealing with some general torso discomfort.”)
- One Penguin is expected to come back into Pittsburgh’s lineup while one is going to miss some time. Bill Guerin “pronounced himself ready to play” against the Hurricanes tonight after missing three games with back spasms. Tyler Kennedy will miss at least tonight and tomorrow’s games with a nagging groin (those things really do get on you if you don’t take out the garbage – wait, what?).
- New York Islanders forward Rob Schremp might need to have surgery on his knee. New York Newsday reports that the Schremp (just short enough that an inevitable “shrimp” nickname works) was hobbling around on crutches. His season will probably be over if he does undergo surgery.
(H/T to Rotoworld.com)
* – slight exaggeration.
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld