Mar 11, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at some of the injury report news from around the NHL.
- Zdeno Chara is a game-time decision for tonight’s match up against the Philadelphia Flyers. The Boston Globe reports that the tree-sized* defenseman has been dealing with soreness in his “lower body.” (I wish I could be that vague when I call in sick to work. “Yeah, I’m dealing with some general torso discomfort.”)
- One Penguin is expected to come back into Pittsburgh’s lineup while one is going to miss some time. Bill Guerin “pronounced himself ready to play” against the Hurricanes tonight after missing three games with back spasms. Tyler Kennedy will miss at least tonight and tomorrow’s games with a nagging groin (those things really do get on you if you don’t take out the garbage – wait, what?).
- New York Islanders forward Rob Schremp might need to have surgery on his knee. New York Newsday reports that the Schremp (just short enough that an inevitable “shrimp” nickname works) was hobbling around on crutches. His season will probably be over if he does undergo surgery.
(H/T to Rotoworld.com)
* – slight exaggeration.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld