Mar 11, 2010, 1:42 PM EST
Let’s take a look at some of the injury report news from around the NHL.
- Zdeno Chara is a game-time decision for tonight’s match up against the Philadelphia Flyers. The Boston Globe reports that the tree-sized* defenseman has been dealing with soreness in his “lower body.” (I wish I could be that vague when I call in sick to work. “Yeah, I’m dealing with some general torso discomfort.”)
- One Penguin is expected to come back into Pittsburgh’s lineup while one is going to miss some time. Bill Guerin “pronounced himself ready to play” against the Hurricanes tonight after missing three games with back spasms. Tyler Kennedy will miss at least tonight and tomorrow’s games with a nagging groin (those things really do get on you if you don’t take out the garbage – wait, what?).
- New York Islanders forward Rob Schremp might need to have surgery on his knee. New York Newsday reports that the Schremp (just short enough that an inevitable “shrimp” nickname works) was hobbling around on crutches. His season will probably be over if he does undergo surgery.
(H/T to Rotoworld.com)
* – slight exaggeration.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 53
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld