Mar 11, 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at some of the injury report news from around the NHL.
- Zdeno Chara is a game-time decision for tonight’s match up against the Philadelphia Flyers. The Boston Globe reports that the tree-sized* defenseman has been dealing with soreness in his “lower body.” (I wish I could be that vague when I call in sick to work. “Yeah, I’m dealing with some general torso discomfort.”)
- One Penguin is expected to come back into Pittsburgh’s lineup while one is going to miss some time. Bill Guerin “pronounced himself ready to play” against the Hurricanes tonight after missing three games with back spasms. Tyler Kennedy will miss at least tonight and tomorrow’s games with a nagging groin (those things really do get on you if you don’t take out the garbage – wait, what?).
- New York Islanders forward Rob Schremp might need to have surgery on his knee. New York Newsday reports that the Schremp (just short enough that an inevitable “shrimp” nickname works) was hobbling around on crutches. His season will probably be over if he does undergo surgery.
(H/T to Rotoworld.com)
* – slight exaggeration.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld