Mar 11, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Since I know everyone just loves hearing about Sidney Crosby every
day…we’ll share some more!
Crosby has been taking a ton of flak for his decision not to go on
the David Letterman show last week, and I”m among those that a) don’t
really care and b) don’t think it’s that big of a deal to get all worked
up about. He’s in the middle of a season — yes I know it would be good
for the NHL — but at the same time he has an obligation to his team.
spoke out on the matter.
“I do my best. That’s all I can do,” Crosby said
Wednesday after the Penguins practiced at Southpointe. “It’s not the
first year I’ve dealt with balancing everything. I’ve had that
responsibility for a long time, and I think anybody who knows me well
knows I take that seriously. I do my best with it.
not always going to be happy, but I do my best, and I do what I think
is right, and I’ll continue to do that. There’s really nothing I can do
if people disagree with that.”
He also said that he hasn’t been asked to reschedule, and that’s a
I understand the timeliness factor of having Crosby on
right away, but I’d like to see more hockey players on these shows.
Would it have been nice if Crosby could have done Letterman? Of course,
but I still can’t fault his decision. Maybe we can get some American
hockey players to take his spot. Patrick Kane could go on Oprah. Chris
Drury could go on Jimmy Fallon’s show.
Maybe even have Sean Avery
— even though he’s Canadian — sit down with Dr. Phil.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)