Mar 10, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
People can now go back to their normal everyday lives. No more prayers are needed. Call off that “hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse.” Sidney Crosby’s Olympic gear has finally been found and a nation can breathe a collective sigh of relief.
Scott Salmond, Hockey Canada’s director of men’s national teams, led a search for the equipment by communicating with various team and event staff as well as partners over the past week to track various shipments. The stick and glove were eventually located this week with other shipments and are being sent to Crosby.
Reebok Canada apparently was willing to fork over $10,000 for Crosby’s historic stick (that sounds a little dirty doesn’t it?), so this news is probably as great for them as it is for Crosby. This kind of stuff is lost on me because I’m not a particularly sentimental person. The way I see it, there was nothing special about the stick itself, but rather the player holding it.
Then again, it’s a part – insignificant or not – of a moment that Canadians will remember for years so this is kind of a big deal. Even if I cannot help but make fun of the entire situation …
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 8
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)