Mar 10, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
People can now go back to their normal everyday lives. No more prayers are needed. Call off that “hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse.” Sidney Crosby’s Olympic gear has finally been found and a nation can breathe a collective sigh of relief.
Scott Salmond, Hockey Canada’s director of men’s national teams, led a search for the equipment by communicating with various team and event staff as well as partners over the past week to track various shipments. The stick and glove were eventually located this week with other shipments and are being sent to Crosby.
Reebok Canada apparently was willing to fork over $10,000 for Crosby’s historic stick (that sounds a little dirty doesn’t it?), so this news is probably as great for them as it is for Crosby. This kind of stuff is lost on me because I’m not a particularly sentimental person. The way I see it, there was nothing special about the stick itself, but rather the player holding it.
Then again, it’s a part – insignificant or not – of a moment that Canadians will remember for years so this is kind of a big deal. Even if I cannot help but make fun of the entire situation …
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)