Mar 10, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
People can now go back to their normal everyday lives. No more prayers are needed. Call off that “hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse.” Sidney Crosby’s Olympic gear has finally been found and a nation can breathe a collective sigh of relief.
Scott Salmond, Hockey Canada’s director of men’s national teams, led a search for the equipment by communicating with various team and event staff as well as partners over the past week to track various shipments. The stick and glove were eventually located this week with other shipments and are being sent to Crosby.
Reebok Canada apparently was willing to fork over $10,000 for Crosby’s historic stick (that sounds a little dirty doesn’t it?), so this news is probably as great for them as it is for Crosby. This kind of stuff is lost on me because I’m not a particularly sentimental person. The way I see it, there was nothing special about the stick itself, but rather the player holding it.
Then again, it’s a part – insignificant or not – of a moment that Canadians will remember for years so this is kind of a big deal. Even if I cannot help but make fun of the entire situation …
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 0
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)