Mar 10, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
People can now go back to their normal everyday lives. No more prayers are needed. Call off that “hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse.” Sidney Crosby’s Olympic gear has finally been found and a nation can breathe a collective sigh of relief.
Scott Salmond, Hockey Canada’s director of men’s national teams, led a search for the equipment by communicating with various team and event staff as well as partners over the past week to track various shipments. The stick and glove were eventually located this week with other shipments and are being sent to Crosby.
Reebok Canada apparently was willing to fork over $10,000 for Crosby’s historic stick (that sounds a little dirty doesn’t it?), so this news is probably as great for them as it is for Crosby. This kind of stuff is lost on me because I’m not a particularly sentimental person. The way I see it, there was nothing special about the stick itself, but rather the player holding it.
Then again, it’s a part – insignificant or not – of a moment that Canadians will remember for years so this is kind of a big deal. Even if I cannot help but make fun of the entire situation …
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)