Mar 10, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
People can now go back to their normal everyday lives. No more prayers are needed. Call off that “hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse.” Sidney Crosby’s Olympic gear has finally been found and a nation can breathe a collective sigh of relief.
Scott Salmond, Hockey Canada’s director of men’s national teams, led a search for the equipment by communicating with various team and event staff as well as partners over the past week to track various shipments. The stick and glove were eventually located this week with other shipments and are being sent to Crosby.
Reebok Canada apparently was willing to fork over $10,000 for Crosby’s historic stick (that sounds a little dirty doesn’t it?), so this news is probably as great for them as it is for Crosby. This kind of stuff is lost on me because I’m not a particularly sentimental person. The way I see it, there was nothing special about the stick itself, but rather the player holding it.
Then again, it’s a part – insignificant or not – of a moment that Canadians will remember for years so this is kind of a big deal. Even if I cannot help but make fun of the entire situation …
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)