Mar 9, 2010, 2:31 PM EST
The Bruins fight for a playoff spot just got a bit harder.
the possibility of losing Marc Savard for the season, the Bruins are
without Zdeno Chara for
at least tonight.
Chara is having a bit of a down year
offensively, just like the rest of the Bruins, but for a team that is
struggling to score anytime they lose Chara for any amount of time it’s
going to hurt. Jeff Penner will make his NHL debut tonight, which is
exciting for Bruins fans and especially for Penner, but it’s going to be
a rough go of it for Boston while they work through these injuries.
least they’re facing the Maple Leafs tonight, which should make for a
top notch offensive showcase in Toronto.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)