Mar 8, 2010, 7:40 PM EST
Few things in life are sweeter than the combination of hockey and chocolate. This is a fact that isn’t lost on Hershey of Canada, as they are set to unveil … a Stanley Cup of Chocolate. The description must be the stuff of dreams for people who live to make Marty Brodeur and Kyle Wellwood fat jokes.
Standing nearly three feet tall, the Hershey’s Chocolate Stanley Cup(R) is made of more than 150 lbs of Hershey’s smooth, creamy milk chocolate and is a replica of the original Lord Stanley’s Cup, the oldest trophy competed for by professional athletes in North America.
They’re bringing along Nick Kypreos to announce Hershey’s status as “the Official Chocolate and Candy of the NHL in Canada.” So, by my count there’s a Stanley Cup of Chowder, a Stanley Cup of Chocolate and the real-life Cup being filled with everything from booze to babies to ice cream.
What’s next? How about a Stanley Cup of Fondue?
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)