Mar 8, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Few things in life are sweeter than the combination of hockey and chocolate. This is a fact that isn’t lost on Hershey of Canada, as they are set to unveil … a Stanley Cup of Chocolate. The description must be the stuff of dreams for people who live to make Marty Brodeur and Kyle Wellwood fat jokes.
Standing nearly three feet tall, the Hershey’s Chocolate Stanley Cup(R) is made of more than 150 lbs of Hershey’s smooth, creamy milk chocolate and is a replica of the original Lord Stanley’s Cup, the oldest trophy competed for by professional athletes in North America.
They’re bringing along Nick Kypreos to announce Hershey’s status as “the Official Chocolate and Candy of the NHL in Canada.” So, by my count there’s a Stanley Cup of Chowder, a Stanley Cup of Chocolate and the real-life Cup being filled with everything from booze to babies to ice cream.
What’s next? How about a Stanley Cup of Fondue?
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 13
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 62
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming