Mar 8, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Few things in life are sweeter than the combination of hockey and chocolate. This is a fact that isn’t lost on Hershey of Canada, as they are set to unveil … a Stanley Cup of Chocolate. The description must be the stuff of dreams for people who live to make Marty Brodeur and Kyle Wellwood fat jokes.
Standing nearly three feet tall, the Hershey’s Chocolate Stanley Cup(R) is made of more than 150 lbs of Hershey’s smooth, creamy milk chocolate and is a replica of the original Lord Stanley’s Cup, the oldest trophy competed for by professional athletes in North America.
They’re bringing along Nick Kypreos to announce Hershey’s status as “the Official Chocolate and Candy of the NHL in Canada.” So, by my count there’s a Stanley Cup of Chowder, a Stanley Cup of Chocolate and the real-life Cup being filled with everything from booze to babies to ice cream.
What’s next? How about a Stanley Cup of Fondue?
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)