Mar 8, 2010, 7:40 PM EST
Few things in life are sweeter than the combination of hockey and chocolate. This is a fact that isn’t lost on Hershey of Canada, as they are set to unveil … a Stanley Cup of Chocolate. The description must be the stuff of dreams for people who live to make Marty Brodeur and Kyle Wellwood fat jokes.
Standing nearly three feet tall, the Hershey’s Chocolate Stanley Cup(R) is made of more than 150 lbs of Hershey’s smooth, creamy milk chocolate and is a replica of the original Lord Stanley’s Cup, the oldest trophy competed for by professional athletes in North America.
They’re bringing along Nick Kypreos to announce Hershey’s status as “the Official Chocolate and Candy of the NHL in Canada.” So, by my count there’s a Stanley Cup of Chowder, a Stanley Cup of Chocolate and the real-life Cup being filled with everything from booze to babies to ice cream.
What’s next? How about a Stanley Cup of Fondue?
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)