Mar 8, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Few things in life are sweeter than the combination of hockey and chocolate. This is a fact that isn’t lost on Hershey of Canada, as they are set to unveil … a Stanley Cup of Chocolate. The description must be the stuff of dreams for people who live to make Marty Brodeur and Kyle Wellwood fat jokes.
Standing nearly three feet tall, the Hershey’s Chocolate Stanley Cup(R) is made of more than 150 lbs of Hershey’s smooth, creamy milk chocolate and is a replica of the original Lord Stanley’s Cup, the oldest trophy competed for by professional athletes in North America.
They’re bringing along Nick Kypreos to announce Hershey’s status as “the Official Chocolate and Candy of the NHL in Canada.” So, by my count there’s a Stanley Cup of Chowder, a Stanley Cup of Chocolate and the real-life Cup being filled with everything from booze to babies to ice cream.
What’s next? How about a Stanley Cup of Fondue?
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 4
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 11
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21