Mar 8, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Both Pavel Datsyuk and Todd Bertuzzi missed practice today yet both are expected to play in Tuesday’s game against the Calgary Flames.
Datsyuk is only dealing with flu-like symptoms (although Ansar Khan also reports that the Russian forward took a shot off his foot). Bertuzzi was spotted clearly grimacing in pain during Sunday’s Detroit-Chicago game but apparently the problem was just a charley horse.
The Red Wings have every reason to hope that both forwards will be active against the Flames. Calgary is currently the biggest threat to Detroit’s hold on the 8th spot in the West with only one point separating the two teams (they both have played 65 games so far this year). The Red Wings will host the Flames at Joe Louis Arena at 7:30 pm ET tomorrow.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)