Mar 8, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Both Pavel Datsyuk and Todd Bertuzzi missed practice today yet both are expected to play in Tuesday’s game against the Calgary Flames.
Datsyuk is only dealing with flu-like symptoms (although Ansar Khan also reports that the Russian forward took a shot off his foot). Bertuzzi was spotted clearly grimacing in pain during Sunday’s Detroit-Chicago game but apparently the problem was just a charley horse.
The Red Wings have every reason to hope that both forwards will be active against the Flames. Calgary is currently the biggest threat to Detroit’s hold on the 8th spot in the West with only one point separating the two teams (they both have played 65 games so far this year). The Red Wings will host the Flames at Joe Louis Arena at 7:30 pm ET tomorrow.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)