Mar 8, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Both Pavel Datsyuk and Todd Bertuzzi missed practice today yet both are expected to play in Tuesday’s game against the Calgary Flames.
Datsyuk is only dealing with flu-like symptoms (although Ansar Khan also reports that the Russian forward took a shot off his foot). Bertuzzi was spotted clearly grimacing in pain during Sunday’s Detroit-Chicago game but apparently the problem was just a charley horse.
The Red Wings have every reason to hope that both forwards will be active against the Flames. Calgary is currently the biggest threat to Detroit’s hold on the 8th spot in the West with only one point separating the two teams (they both have played 65 games so far this year). The Red Wings will host the Flames at Joe Louis Arena at 7:30 pm ET tomorrow.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 0
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 1
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 20
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Video: More late-game nastiness between Flames, Canucks 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)