Mar 8, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Both Pavel Datsyuk and Todd Bertuzzi missed practice today yet both are expected to play in Tuesday’s game against the Calgary Flames.
Datsyuk is only dealing with flu-like symptoms (although Ansar Khan also reports that the Russian forward took a shot off his foot). Bertuzzi was spotted clearly grimacing in pain during Sunday’s Detroit-Chicago game but apparently the problem was just a charley horse.
The Red Wings have every reason to hope that both forwards will be active against the Flames. Calgary is currently the biggest threat to Detroit’s hold on the 8th spot in the West with only one point separating the two teams (they both have played 65 games so far this year). The Red Wings will host the Flames at Joe Louis Arena at 7:30 pm ET tomorrow.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5