Mar 8, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Both Pavel Datsyuk and Todd Bertuzzi missed practice today yet both are expected to play in Tuesday’s game against the Calgary Flames.
Datsyuk is only dealing with flu-like symptoms (although Ansar Khan also reports that the Russian forward took a shot off his foot). Bertuzzi was spotted clearly grimacing in pain during Sunday’s Detroit-Chicago game but apparently the problem was just a charley horse.
The Red Wings have every reason to hope that both forwards will be active against the Flames. Calgary is currently the biggest threat to Detroit’s hold on the 8th spot in the West with only one point separating the two teams (they both have played 65 games so far this year). The Red Wings will host the Flames at Joe Louis Arena at 7:30 pm ET tomorrow.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)