Mar 7, 2010, 6:49 PM EDT
After some robust NBC Game of the Week coverage (thanks for stopping by for the live chat, by the way), let’s take a look at the games that have yet to start. If you kids are good, I might even put together a recap of today’s early games. Now get your feet off the couch!
Buffalo Sabres (34-20-9, 77 pts) at New York Rangers (29-28-8, 66 pts) 7:00 PM ET
Both teams are in need of some shaping up in this one. For the Rangers, they need to stop the bleeding or they’ll slip even further out of the Eastern Conference playoff picture. It’s also safe to say that the 09-10 Sabres would rather not be the first team in franchise history to lose nine straight road games, either.
Toronto Maple Leafs (20-32-12, 52 pts) at Philadelphia Flyers (33-26-4, 70 pts) 7:00 PM ET
Michael Leighton played pretty well in a losing effort against the Sabres Friday night, but every loss fuels the goaltending anxiety that much more.
New Jersey Devils (38-22-3, 79 pts) at Edmonton Oilers (20-38-6, 46 pts) 8:00 PM ET
Well, who’s the “Mickey Mouse” organization now? (I know that even with ownership changes, the answer is probably still the Ducks, but work with me here) If I had a time machine I’d do a million other things first, but then I’d ask ’80s era Gretzky to explain this situation.
Montreal Canadiens (31-29-6, 68 pts) at Anaheim Ducks (30-27-7, 67 pts) 8:00 PM ET
When you look at all the talent on this Ducks team, it’s really difficult to explain their profound struggles. Do they miss Chris Pronger’s elbows? Could it be that their coach’s Caesar-style haircut is demoralizing? I don’t know the root of their struggles, but if they want to surge their way to the playoffs again, they better get moving.
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiation’s’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)