Mar 7, 2010, 6:49 PM EDT
After some robust NBC Game of the Week coverage (thanks for stopping by for the live chat, by the way), let’s take a look at the games that have yet to start. If you kids are good, I might even put together a recap of today’s early games. Now get your feet off the couch!
Buffalo Sabres (34-20-9, 77 pts) at New York Rangers (29-28-8, 66 pts) 7:00 PM ET
Both teams are in need of some shaping up in this one. For the Rangers, they need to stop the bleeding or they’ll slip even further out of the Eastern Conference playoff picture. It’s also safe to say that the 09-10 Sabres would rather not be the first team in franchise history to lose nine straight road games, either.
Toronto Maple Leafs (20-32-12, 52 pts) at Philadelphia Flyers (33-26-4, 70 pts) 7:00 PM ET
Michael Leighton played pretty well in a losing effort against the Sabres Friday night, but every loss fuels the goaltending anxiety that much more.
New Jersey Devils (38-22-3, 79 pts) at Edmonton Oilers (20-38-6, 46 pts) 8:00 PM ET
Well, who’s the “Mickey Mouse” organization now? (I know that even with ownership changes, the answer is probably still the Ducks, but work with me here) If I had a time machine I’d do a million other things first, but then I’d ask ’80s era Gretzky to explain this situation.
Montreal Canadiens (31-29-6, 68 pts) at Anaheim Ducks (30-27-7, 67 pts) 8:00 PM ET
When you look at all the talent on this Ducks team, it’s really difficult to explain their profound struggles. Do they miss Chris Pronger’s elbows? Could it be that their coach’s Caesar-style haircut is demoralizing? I don’t know the root of their struggles, but if they want to surge their way to the playoffs again, they better get moving.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)