Mar 7, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
We’re getting close to game time between the Red Wings and the Blackhawks. While line combinations, starting goalies and healthy scratches are wildly subject to change, these are the best guesses from a variety of sources.
Here’s a few notes to consider first, though. Cristobal Huet is expected to start the game and while Adam Burish looks like he’s just about ready to return from injury, he’s not expected to be in the lineup today. Jimmy Howard is said to be the starter for Detroit. As we’ve noted before, Andreas Lilja is working his way back from a severe injury while “Captain” Kirk Maltby is out for the year.
(Mean-spirited side note: Todd Bertuzzi isn’t skating so lethargically due to an injury. He just may not care.)
Jump for possible line combinations.
Ansar Khan was nice enough to provide a projected starting lineup for Detroit. (Note: in case you’re wondering, the first four lines are offense, the next three are defense, then we have scratches aka players who are inactive and then finally the goalies.)
Fantasy Hockey 911 has what seems to be reasonably accurate line combinations for the Blackhawks.
Patrick Sharp – Jonathan Toews – Patrick Kane
Troy Brouwer – Dave Bolland – Marian Hossa
Andrew Ladd – John Madden – Kris Versteeg
Tomas Kopecky – Ben Eager – Dustin Byfuglien
Duncan Keith – Brent Seabrook
Brian Campbell – Niklas Hjalmarsson
Jordan Hendry – Kim Johnsson
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5