Mar 7, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
We’re getting close to game time between the Red Wings and the Blackhawks. While line combinations, starting goalies and healthy scratches are wildly subject to change, these are the best guesses from a variety of sources.
Here’s a few notes to consider first, though. Cristobal Huet is expected to start the game and while Adam Burish looks like he’s just about ready to return from injury, he’s not expected to be in the lineup today. Jimmy Howard is said to be the starter for Detroit. As we’ve noted before, Andreas Lilja is working his way back from a severe injury while “Captain” Kirk Maltby is out for the year.
(Mean-spirited side note: Todd Bertuzzi isn’t skating so lethargically due to an injury. He just may not care.)
Jump for possible line combinations.
Ansar Khan was nice enough to provide a projected starting lineup for Detroit. (Note: in case you’re wondering, the first four lines are offense, the next three are defense, then we have scratches aka players who are inactive and then finally the goalies.)
Fantasy Hockey 911 has what seems to be reasonably accurate line combinations for the Blackhawks.
Patrick Sharp – Jonathan Toews – Patrick Kane
Troy Brouwer – Dave Bolland – Marian Hossa
Andrew Ladd – John Madden – Kris Versteeg
Tomas Kopecky – Ben Eager – Dustin Byfuglien
Duncan Keith – Brent Seabrook
Brian Campbell – Niklas Hjalmarsson
Jordan Hendry – Kim Johnsson
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 16
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL