Mar 7, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
The speed and the forechecking by the Chicago Blackhawks has the Red Wings back on their heels. Andrew Ladd’s goal was created by some poor puck support behind their own net by Detroit, as several Wings players overskated the puck and seemed more concerned with taking a hit than actually playing the puck.
The cause the puck to come right out in front and onto Ladd’s stick, and he easily lifted it over the glove of Jimmy Howard.
2-0 Detroit, 5:30 remaining in the first period.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54