Mar 7, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
The speed and the forechecking by the Chicago Blackhawks has the Red Wings back on their heels. Andrew Ladd’s goal was created by some poor puck support behind their own net by Detroit, as several Wings players overskated the puck and seemed more concerned with taking a hit than actually playing the puck.
The cause the puck to come right out in front and onto Ladd’s stick, and he easily lifted it over the glove of Jimmy Howard.
2-0 Detroit, 5:30 remaining in the first period.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)