Mar 7, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
The speed and the forechecking by the Chicago Blackhawks has the Red Wings back on their heels. Andrew Ladd’s goal was created by some poor puck support behind their own net by Detroit, as several Wings players overskated the puck and seemed more concerned with taking a hit than actually playing the puck.
The cause the puck to come right out in front and onto Ladd’s stick, and he easily lifted it over the glove of Jimmy Howard.
2-0 Detroit, 5:30 remaining in the first period.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5