Mar 7, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
The speed and the forechecking by the Chicago Blackhawks has the Red Wings back on their heels. Andrew Ladd’s goal was created by some poor puck support behind their own net by Detroit, as several Wings players overskated the puck and seemed more concerned with taking a hit than actually playing the puck.
The cause the puck to come right out in front and onto Ladd’s stick, and he easily lifted it over the glove of Jimmy Howard.
2-0 Detroit, 5:30 remaining in the first period.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)