Mar 6, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
People want to believe that they can control most of things that happen in their lives, but let’s face it, there are times when it all comes down to luck. Few hockey players can relate to that sentiment quite as much as oft-injured Buffalo Sabres center Tim Connolly.
“Whatever happens in the near future, nobody can doubt the genius that is a healthy Tim Connolly. His stick-handling can’t be matched by many, his vision opens up the ice for others, and he can fire home the puck when he has the chance.”
Could a healthy season (57 points in all 63 of Buffalo’s games) be a sign that Connolly could be the player Sabres fans have been hoping for? Who knows, but I’m certainly hoping that luck will be on his side from now on.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7