Mar 6, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
Nashville Predators defenseman (and guy who earned my eternal respect by shooting a puck through a net during the Olympics) Shea Weber is dealing with an injury that he re-aggravated in a loss against the Detroit Red Wings last night. The Nashville Tennessean reports that Weber probably hurt his “left hand or arm” during the first period of Friday’s game.
A hit from behind by Tomas Holmstrom knocked Weber to the ice in the corner. While Weber was down, his left arm or hand came into contact with the skate of Detroit forward Johan Franzen, and Weber was seen shaking his left hand in aggravation seconds afterward.
The Predators are listing Weber with an upper-body injury.
“It was something that started (on Thursday) and I started playing through it, but I reaggravated it (Friday),” Weber said.
According to the report, Barry Trotz said that Weber is currently day-to-day and could play against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. We’ll keep an eye on this situation as the Predators claim that they may know more about it sometime today. Obviously, losing an elite defenseman like Weber would be a huge blow to Nashville’s playoff chances.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)