Mar 6, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
Nashville Predators defenseman (and guy who earned my eternal respect by shooting a puck through a net during the Olympics) Shea Weber is dealing with an injury that he re-aggravated in a loss against the Detroit Red Wings last night. The Nashville Tennessean reports that Weber probably hurt his “left hand or arm” during the first period of Friday’s game.
A hit from behind by Tomas Holmstrom knocked Weber to the ice in the corner. While Weber was down, his left arm or hand came into contact with the skate of Detroit forward Johan Franzen, and Weber was seen shaking his left hand in aggravation seconds afterward.
The Predators are listing Weber with an upper-body injury.
“It was something that started (on Thursday) and I started playing through it, but I reaggravated it (Friday),” Weber said.
According to the report, Barry Trotz said that Weber is currently day-to-day and could play against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. We’ll keep an eye on this situation as the Predators claim that they may know more about it sometime today. Obviously, losing an elite defenseman like Weber would be a huge blow to Nashville’s playoff chances.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (150)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)