Mar 6, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Nashville Predators defenseman (and guy who earned my eternal respect by shooting a puck through a net during the Olympics) Shea Weber is dealing with an injury that he re-aggravated in a loss against the Detroit Red Wings last night. The Nashville Tennessean reports that Weber probably hurt his “left hand or arm” during the first period of Friday’s game.
A hit from behind by Tomas Holmstrom knocked Weber to the ice in the corner. While Weber was down, his left arm or hand came into contact with the skate of Detroit forward Johan Franzen, and Weber was seen shaking his left hand in aggravation seconds afterward.
The Predators are listing Weber with an upper-body injury.
“It was something that started (on Thursday) and I started playing through it, but I reaggravated it (Friday),” Weber said.
According to the report, Barry Trotz said that Weber is currently day-to-day and could play against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. We’ll keep an eye on this situation as the Predators claim that they may know more about it sometime today. Obviously, losing an elite defenseman like Weber would be a huge blow to Nashville’s playoff chances.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 25
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)