Mar 6, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Nashville Predators defenseman (and guy who earned my eternal respect by shooting a puck through a net during the Olympics) Shea Weber is dealing with an injury that he re-aggravated in a loss against the Detroit Red Wings last night. The Nashville Tennessean reports that Weber probably hurt his “left hand or arm” during the first period of Friday’s game.
A hit from behind by Tomas Holmstrom knocked Weber to the ice in the corner. While Weber was down, his left arm or hand came into contact with the skate of Detroit forward Johan Franzen, and Weber was seen shaking his left hand in aggravation seconds afterward.
The Predators are listing Weber with an upper-body injury.
“It was something that started (on Thursday) and I started playing through it, but I reaggravated it (Friday),” Weber said.
According to the report, Barry Trotz said that Weber is currently day-to-day and could play against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. We’ll keep an eye on this situation as the Predators claim that they may know more about it sometime today. Obviously, losing an elite defenseman like Weber would be a huge blow to Nashville’s playoff chances.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)