Mar 6, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Before we discuss an exciting weekend of NHL hockey, let’s review last night’s games.
Tim Connolly continues to have a quietly inspiring season of health and productivity (hopefully this won’t jinx him), scoring the overtime GWG. The Flyers wasted a great night in net from Michael Leighton, who had 32 saves in a losing effort.
Someone must have fooled Darren Helm into thinking that the playoffs started already. The speedy, energetic winger managed 2 goals in the game (he’s only had 10 all season). Nicklas Lidstrom managed his 800th career assist in the game.
This game was more or less over after the first period. Chicago chased Roberto Luongo out of the net by scoring 5 goals on 14 shots. After that, it was all over but the
More games reviewed after the jump
If the Oilers were ever going to win (only 5 victories since Dec. 15), they might as well have done it on Fan Appreciation Night. Another rarity: a night of relevance for Mike Comrie that didn’t involve Hillary Duff. Comrie scored in regulation and had the shootout winner to boot.
So much for the Devils getting revenge against Brent Sutter. It was quite the outburst for the Flames considering the fact that they are ranked 29th in the NHL in scoring. Olympic hero Zach Parise reached the 30 goal mark with 2 in a losing cause.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- PBT: Heat haven't won back to back in a month
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins' little wins pay off big in Game 3
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld