Mar 6, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
Before we discuss an exciting weekend of NHL hockey, let’s review last night’s games.
Tim Connolly continues to have a quietly inspiring season of health and productivity (hopefully this won’t jinx him), scoring the overtime GWG. The Flyers wasted a great night in net from Michael Leighton, who had 32 saves in a losing effort.
Someone must have fooled Darren Helm into thinking that the playoffs started already. The speedy, energetic winger managed 2 goals in the game (he’s only had 10 all season). Nicklas Lidstrom managed his 800th career assist in the game.
This game was more or less over after the first period. Chicago chased Roberto Luongo out of the net by scoring 5 goals on 14 shots. After that, it was all over but the
More games reviewed after the jump
If the Oilers were ever going to win (only 5 victories since Dec. 15), they might as well have done it on Fan Appreciation Night. Another rarity: a night of relevance for Mike Comrie that didn’t involve Hillary Duff. Comrie scored in regulation and had the shootout winner to boot.
So much for the Devils getting revenge against Brent Sutter. It was quite the outburst for the Flames considering the fact that they are ranked 29th in the NHL in scoring. Olympic hero Zach Parise reached the 30 goal mark with 2 in a losing cause.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld