Mar 6, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Before we discuss an exciting weekend of NHL hockey, let’s review last night’s games.
Tim Connolly continues to have a quietly inspiring season of health and productivity (hopefully this won’t jinx him), scoring the overtime GWG. The Flyers wasted a great night in net from Michael Leighton, who had 32 saves in a losing effort.
Someone must have fooled Darren Helm into thinking that the playoffs started already. The speedy, energetic winger managed 2 goals in the game (he’s only had 10 all season). Nicklas Lidstrom managed his 800th career assist in the game.
This game was more or less over after the first period. Chicago chased Roberto Luongo out of the net by scoring 5 goals on 14 shots. After that, it was all over but the
More games reviewed after the jump
If the Oilers were ever going to win (only 5 victories since Dec. 15), they might as well have done it on Fan Appreciation Night. Another rarity: a night of relevance for Mike Comrie that didn’t involve Hillary Duff. Comrie scored in regulation and had the shootout winner to boot.
So much for the Devils getting revenge against Brent Sutter. It was quite the outburst for the Flames considering the fact that they are ranked 29th in the NHL in scoring. Olympic hero Zach Parise reached the 30 goal mark with 2 in a losing cause.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 5
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld