Mar 6, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Before we discuss an exciting weekend of NHL hockey, let’s review last night’s games.
Tim Connolly continues to have a quietly inspiring season of health and productivity (hopefully this won’t jinx him), scoring the overtime GWG. The Flyers wasted a great night in net from Michael Leighton, who had 32 saves in a losing effort.
Someone must have fooled Darren Helm into thinking that the playoffs started already. The speedy, energetic winger managed 2 goals in the game (he’s only had 10 all season). Nicklas Lidstrom managed his 800th career assist in the game.
This game was more or less over after the first period. Chicago chased Roberto Luongo out of the net by scoring 5 goals on 14 shots. After that, it was all over but the
More games reviewed after the jump
If the Oilers were ever going to win (only 5 victories since Dec. 15), they might as well have done it on Fan Appreciation Night. Another rarity: a night of relevance for Mike Comrie that didn’t involve Hillary Duff. Comrie scored in regulation and had the shootout winner to boot.
So much for the Devils getting revenge against Brent Sutter. It was quite the outburst for the Flames considering the fact that they are ranked 29th in the NHL in scoring. Olympic hero Zach Parise reached the 30 goal mark with 2 in a losing cause.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (56)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld