Mar 6, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild forward Derek Boogaard, one of the league’s most feared enforcers, might end up getting suspended by the league for a knee-to-knee hit on the Edmonton Oilers’ most recent waiver claim Ryan Jones. Boogaard is often referred to as “The Boogey Man” because his last name begs for the pun and … well, he’s really scary.
Despite Boogaard’s amazing skill in the realm of hurting people with his fists, he actually doesn’t have a long history of suspensions. He’s apparently only been suspended one time; he was suspended 5 games last season for elbowing Calgary Flames’ forward Brandon Prust in the head.
Now, you might say that he’s only been suspended once because he barely ever actually plays hockey/is basically a dancing grizzly bear and that’s your prerogative. Personally, I’d prefer to not get my skull bashed in.
If you’re here for speculation on the length of a suspension (if he even gets one), you might not be aware of my extremely sophisticated “dart board method.” That’s my fancy way of saying I have no idea. Then again, no one else does either. Click here if you want to read something angry about goons. (Yawn.)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 27
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)