Mar 6, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild forward Derek Boogaard, one of the league’s most feared enforcers, might end up getting suspended by the league for a knee-to-knee hit on the Edmonton Oilers’ most recent waiver claim Ryan Jones. Boogaard is often referred to as “The Boogey Man” because his last name begs for the pun and … well, he’s really scary.
Despite Boogaard’s amazing skill in the realm of hurting people with his fists, he actually doesn’t have a long history of suspensions. He’s apparently only been suspended one time; he was suspended 5 games last season for elbowing Calgary Flames’ forward Brandon Prust in the head.
Now, you might say that he’s only been suspended once because he barely ever actually plays hockey/is basically a dancing grizzly bear and that’s your prerogative. Personally, I’d prefer to not get my skull bashed in.
If you’re here for speculation on the length of a suspension (if he even gets one), you might not be aware of my extremely sophisticated “dart board method.” That’s my fancy way of saying I have no idea. Then again, no one else does either. Click here if you want to read something angry about goons. (Yawn.)
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)