Mar 6, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Minnesota Wild forward Derek Boogaard, one of the league’s most feared enforcers, might end up getting suspended by the league for a knee-to-knee hit on the Edmonton Oilers’ most recent waiver claim Ryan Jones. Boogaard is often referred to as “The Boogey Man” because his last name begs for the pun and … well, he’s really scary.
Despite Boogaard’s amazing skill in the realm of hurting people with his fists, he actually doesn’t have a long history of suspensions. He’s apparently only been suspended one time; he was suspended 5 games last season for elbowing Calgary Flames’ forward Brandon Prust in the head.
Now, you might say that he’s only been suspended once because he barely ever actually plays hockey/is basically a dancing grizzly bear and that’s your prerogative. Personally, I’d prefer to not get my skull bashed in.
If you’re here for speculation on the length of a suspension (if he even gets one), you might not be aware of my extremely sophisticated “dart board method.” That’s my fancy way of saying I have no idea. Then again, no one else does either. Click here if you want to read something angry about goons. (Yawn.)
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 25
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 8
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)