Mar 6, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild forward Derek Boogaard, one of the league’s most feared enforcers, might end up getting suspended by the league for a knee-to-knee hit on the Edmonton Oilers’ most recent waiver claim Ryan Jones. Boogaard is often referred to as “The Boogey Man” because his last name begs for the pun and … well, he’s really scary.
Despite Boogaard’s amazing skill in the realm of hurting people with his fists, he actually doesn’t have a long history of suspensions. He’s apparently only been suspended one time; he was suspended 5 games last season for elbowing Calgary Flames’ forward Brandon Prust in the head.
Now, you might say that he’s only been suspended once because he barely ever actually plays hockey/is basically a dancing grizzly bear and that’s your prerogative. Personally, I’d prefer to not get my skull bashed in.
If you’re here for speculation on the length of a suspension (if he even gets one), you might not be aware of my extremely sophisticated “dart board method.” That’s my fancy way of saying I have no idea. Then again, no one else does either. Click here if you want to read something angry about goons. (Yawn.)
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)